Author Topic: BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB......WEEK ONE  (Read 1418 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB......WEEK ONE
« on: November 16, 2008, 15:36:27 PM »
The first of a series of monthly events that make up the newly-formed Black Country Poker Club, was played out on Friday November 14th at the New Talbot in West Bromwich.
  A few of the expected participants failed to materialise but we kicked off with 10 players, meaning that everyone would be scoring points in the first week of the season and with a £550 buy-in as the Club representative to a GCBPT event in early 2009 as the prize at the season"s end, scoring early was a must.
  After a cagey start with very few hands of note, we lost our first few players before I went out in 7th place when I called Steve Redfern"s (AMRN) raise with

:3s:  :3d:

with my

ad1   jd

and when he turned a set it was bye bye BOING !!

Then came the first of 3 car-crash hands of the night......ALL of which would have made great TV !

Tony Trippier doubled up with  :as:   7s

when Paul Foy turned a flush with his

kc   9c  

on a board of   ac    jc    7c    6s

but Tony rivered the House when the   7h  fell on the river.

We then had a push by Chris Baker (Clynd99) with

qc   jh

that was called by Matt McKinlay (MattBlue1) for his tourney with

ad1   td

before another all-in from Paul Foy with the monster that is
 ac   :as:

Flop came

qh   5c   7c

turn was

jd  to give Chris his two-pair.....

and when the river blanked, both Paul and Matt were out !

Down to 3 handed with all 3 players being APAT members and then we saw the hand of the night.

Chris gets it all-in with    td   tc

and gets a call from Tony holding   ad1   4h

Flop comes  4d   th   8c ....which has Chris whoop-whooping with delight.....

...meaning that Tony"s only chances to win are either for the other 2 fours to hit to give him quads, or to see runner-runner aces for a full house.

well the turn was the   ac.....followed by a river of the    ah  to put a devastated Chris out in 3rd spot with £20 and 10 Lerague points.

Heads-up was over pretty quickly and Steve Redfern ended up winning the £50 1st prize but more importantly, the 15 points that puts him at the head of the leaderboard.
 Tony Trippier took £30 for 2nd place and 12 points, but having already won the afternoon tourney at Walsall for £300, he wasn"t too downhearted.
 The next session will take place at the same venue on Friday December 12th, starting at 7.45pm and everyone wishing to take part will be made welcome, though please try to get in touch with me first if possible.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu