Author Topic: MID Server Proxy Details  (Read 169 times)

Xuarantui

• Silver Member
MID Server Proxy Details
« on: June 21, 2024, 18:02:42 PM »
We've observed a number of our MID Servers not auto upgrading successfully. This might not be the issue but I'm a bit curious why some of our configs are different.

On the MIDs that fail to auto upgrade, in the config the Proxy password is encrypted. On the MIDs that auto upgrade successfully the password is not encrypted. As far as I know, all the MIDs have been configured the same way, some slightly older than others.

Has anyone come across this?

BriCheese

Re: MID Server Proxy Details
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 18:05:37 PM »
This truly when setting the password from the MID config file encrypt was set to false; and saved and started MID Services.

robinettemorici

Re: MID Server Proxy Details
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 18:14:48 PM »
It's curious why some configurations differ, especially regarding the encryption of Proxy passwords. While I haven't faced this exact scenario, variations in versions or configurations could be at play.Regarding the encrypted passwords, it might be worth investigating if any recent updates or changes have influenced this difference. Sometimes even minor updates can unexpectedly impact settings.Exploring alternatives like On-premise Mobile Proxies could be beneficial. They might offer greater control and flexibility in managing proxy configurations, potentially resolving this issue.