Author Topic: Changing Levels  (Read 3690 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Changing Levels
« on: February 22, 2009, 23:10:45 PM »
Last night I reached my first real target of $500 in my Betfair account. I"ve now also withdrawn more than my original investment so have decided to move up to 50c/$1 blinds. Any suggestions/tips or should I just go for it and try it out.

I"m realistic enough to feel that a drop back to 25c/50c should be planned if I"m not in profit after 2 weeks or so. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated as well

Cheers
Grant

:as:
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

tumblet

• Gold Member
Re: Changing Levels
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 00:31:34 AM »
I would honestly say that $500 is not enough of a roll for 50/1 that you should maybe stick to the level you are playing if you are making a profit

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 00:33:36 AM »
id say ur still probably underrolled for 25 50 with a 500 bankroll

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 02:41:14 AM »
Stuck to 25/50 for now and just went up to £580 so gotta be happy with my 2 hours work tonight 8)

Thanks for the advice, it"s appreciated. I thought about the move up leaving me only 5 max buy-ins so won"t take it on just yet.

Cheers

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:41:28 AM »

This

but if you are winning consistently at this level and can afford to reload (even good players can drop 10 buyins in a row) then you are fine continuing at this level.

Do not reccommend moving up to 0.50/1 at all. I"d wait untill you have rolled it up to 3K minimum  before moving up

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 23:12:43 PM »
to play, make profit, be comfortable and also not mind losing a few max buyins in one session you need to have around 50 max buyins for any level......

i have read blogs, watched interviews of so many internet pros and they all say this.
imagine if you have somewhere around 2k. You are playing at 0.50-$1....you get a few coolers or a coupple of bad beats and have a real bad session and lose 6 or 7 max buyins. Then this is about 40% of you whole roll.......

Phill Galfond actually recently said that for the nose bleed games on fulltilt, he always has a roll of 5 million  behind him.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 00:24:59 AM »

This

but if you are winning consistently at this level and can afford to reload (even good players can drop 10 buyins in a row) then you are fine continuing at this level.

Do not reccommend moving up to 0.50/1 at all. I"d wait untill you have rolled it up to 3K minimum  before moving up

Cheers Rob

I agree with all above but wasn"t progressing financially quick enough at lower levels despite being in profit most nights. Only recall having to reload about 5 times and don"t mind that if it"s not because i"ve played like a complete spanner. I only play one table at a time coz more makes my head hurt  :D so that def has an impact.
Still doing well enough on 25c/50c and now over $620 so will stick with it for now.

Thanks again for all the advice, I"ll keep you posted with progress.

BioBlinx

• Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 01:45:00 AM »
Best of luck with the bankroll build, I hope you reach your target but for now I am deffinately with the others that have said stay at your current level. Double your current roll wouldn"t be enough for 50c/$1. It does take time building a roll, I know cause I"m currently doing it myself, but its more than satisfying when you"ve got to that higher limit having grinded it up within some bankroll restrictions that almost eliminates the chance of you going busto :). Good luck.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 03:16:24 AM »
Ive always been a real nit about the levels ive played at but ive never had much money coming in, i was a student and now looking for a job so if i go busto with what i have at the moment i cant really reload  :-[

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 05:57:43 AM »
We all want to move up quickly, but I don"t have too many problems getting in loads of hands at a level to build up the bankroll.  It just means you learn how to be patient and play for the long run, and you"ve seen and played thousands more hands than the other folks at the next level, which makes you miles more experienced than them when you actually get there...

...can"t be bad.
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.