Author Topic: Solid Cash at the International Club  (Read 4956 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Solid Cash at the International Club
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:04:43 AM »
.... details on my blog ... but 2nd from 31 in their £200 freeze-out for £1,550 return ...

Good standard ... QQ vs AA ... luck in running ... decent poker as the surround sound.

Louis

Pears27

• Silver Member
Re: Solid Cash at the International Club
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 20:40:38 PM »
WP. Got the same result in the same tourny last week for £1,288. Played the last three with Andy Achillea, one of the Gutshot pros, and Woody Deck who"s taken down more in tourny winnings than I probably ever will. Good experience all round.

I love the International - wish I could get down there more often.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 20:52:24 PM »
Give me a shout if you are heading down there and we can grab a beer before the off.

I am Scotland half the time - but if I am town a good game.

Woody Deck - I have not consciously played against - but looked him up on the Hendon Mob - good company to be playing well against - best way to learn.

I played today in their £25 F/O and got my QQ cracked by JJ when in 4th ... of 29 ... again some pretty decent poker played.

Small fields but three final tables from three.

Louis

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 20:54:30 PM »

.... details on my blog ... but 2nd from 31 in their £200 freeze-out for £1,550 return ...

Good standard ... QQ vs AA ... luck in running ... decent poker as the surround sound.

Louis

Nice one L -- great result

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 20:55:22 PM »
Well played!   :)

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 20:56:26 PM »
Will do.

Contrast that with the Empire - played their £20 self-dealt "5 hands a level if you"re lucky" uber-turbo tournament on Tuesday. They might as well deal the cards face up.

Money to be made on the cash tables though...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 21:06:24 PM »
Yes I need to re-build my cash game and get down there.

Empire known for it"s plate sized button - what is that about???

Give me a shout if you are going down?

Where are you based?

Louis

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 21:15:44 PM »
Coventry, but I work all over. It means I"ve played a large number of venues a small number of times - not great for player memory!

Will PM you next time I"m in the smoke.

P.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 22:01:32 PM »
Good stuff - I look forward to it.

Have enjoyed the face to face stuff - albeit time consuming and need to balance time playing with time with my lady.

Early stages of tournaments often go quite well with TV and chat!

Terrible films become okay as background noise.

Louis

manchestercarl

• Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 13:47:12 PM »
Hi there honeybadg!

I also played at the International on Wednesday- so probably played against you! (Not sure who you are- but I was the guy with the manchester accent- long hair and brown cord flares!)

It was my first ever time playing there- don"t spend much time in London, but was stuck down there with work, so decided to head down there to see what all the fuss was about!

I played the £10 rebuy sat to the £200- building to a massive stack early, and only needed to add on!  Sitting comfortably as massive chip leader after the add-on period, i steddily built chips until I ran my KK into KJ all-in pre to lose to the the only guy who could cripple me- then proceeded to loose my 88 to AK of the same guy, to go out a really dissapointing 11th!

As i"d only spent £20, I decided to buy into the £200 but never really got going- and went out about 21st.

Then the highlight- bought in for £100 on the 1:2 cash table- 5 hours later left with £1,212 for my largest ever cash table profit!

A great set-up there and a really good atmosphere- will definatley try to play there again in the future!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 13:57:38 PM by manchestercarl »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 15:53:03 PM »

Hi there honeybadg!

I also played at the International on Wednesday- so probably played against you! (Not sure who you are- but I was the guy with the manchester accent- long hair and brown cord flares!)

It was my first ever time playing there- don"t spend much time in London, but was stuck down there with work, so decided to head down there to see what all the fuss was about!

I played the £10 rebuy sat to the £200- building to a massive stack early, and only needed to add on!  Sitting comfortably as massive chip leader after the add-on period, i steddily built chips until I ran my KK into KJ all-in pre to lose to the the only guy who could cripple me- then proceeded to loose my 88 to AK of the same guy, to go out a really dissapointing 11th!

As i"d only spent £20, I decided to buy into the £200 but never really got going- and went out about 21st.

Then the highlight- bought in for £100 on the 1:2 cash table- 5 hours later left with £1,212 for my largest ever cash table profit!

A great set-up there and a really good atmosphere- will definatley try to play there again in the future!

Things you seldom hear ...

"... but I was the guy with the manchester accent - long hair and brown cord flares!"

I was wearing my green cord jacket (with leather buttons!) and a grey top, glasses and hair ... my accent has been cited as anything from Norweigan to Irish ...

I don"t think we did "cross swords" - but give me a shout when you are heading back - I am out of London next week - but I expect I will look to play it the following week.

Great cash result.

I have to say I hardly play cash (except at "my" home game) ... but have the opinion that with any run of cards there is a lot of money to be made there ... as no-one will believe you!

I used to play at the old Gutshot (essentially the same) ...

Wednesday was my debut at the club ...

Looking forward to my next visit.

Louis