Author Topic: A lesson for everybody....  (Read 4871 times)

Ant1966

• Gold Member
A lesson for everybody....
« on: October 07, 2009, 22:47:37 PM »
"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: A lesson for everybody....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »
A strange one this.
I dont use a card protector and on most tables you dont need one because of the betting line.

On tables without betting lines, I just tend to hold my cards as protection (I had a similar hard luck story to the clip - though not as big as hers LOL)

However, I remember at the vic, constantly being told off about this because the dealer couldn"t tell if I was in the hand or not ??? ???

In one instance, I was told to put a chip on it if I wanted to protect my hand. I replied "I"m all in, who is going to protect my hand now?" and suggested the poker gods??

I was called by AA, I had QQ but first card out was a Q (weeeeeeeeee)

I was quite drunk!! ;D
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:02:24 AM »
was on a final table at Caesar"s when this happened to a french guy with 4 of us left. His had was also declared dead and he almost nutted the dealer and went on supermokey tilt. He called the dealer a "monster"

I Lol"ed and then stacked him. He stormed out of the cardroom.

Also seen it happen in the DTD £300

don"t let this happen to you - protect your hand!!
Looking forward to making my first day 2

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »

A strange one this.
I dont use a card protector and on most tables you dont need one because of the betting line.

On tables without betting lines, I just tend to hold my cards as protection (I had a similar hard luck story to the clip - though not as big as hers LOL)

However, I remember at the vic, constantly being told off about this because the dealer couldn"t tell if I was in the hand or not ??? ???

In one instance, I was told to put a chip on it if I wanted to protect my hand. I replied "I"m all in, who is going to protect my hand now?" and suggested the poker gods??

I was called by AA, I had QQ but first card out was a Q (weeeeeeeeee)

I was quite drunk!! ;D

not ace  4 ?  ???
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:24:49 AM »
I used a cunning move I read in the book Ghosts at the table! Can"t remember the exact story but basically whoever it was accidenyly or not his cards were in the muck pre flop. the other player didn"t notice and a flop was dealt where the opponet bet out 1st. The player thinking this was a weak bet then raised with no hole cards and won the pot. Then just last week in a pub league game I raised on the button and thought everyone folded but one. As I dealt the flop I realised I had inadvertadly put my hole cards in the muck too. I had a crappy 58o but seemed destined to steal with how passive the table was. Anyway flop is AQx and the opponent bets out 1/3rd pot timidly di I announce a raise and he instamucks. Wouldn"t have worked anywhere else I reckon

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhQYDbVQUKo&feature=response_watch

3.54 mins in.

Card protectors FTW!

dealer should be sacked imo - that was a terrible mistake. he actually reached into her space to take the cards away, despite her having moved all her chips in. Clearly not concentrating.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 13:08:48 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhQYDbVQUKo&feature=response_watch

3.54 mins in.

Card protectors FTW!

dealer should be sacked imo - that was a terrible mistake. he actually reached into her space to take the cards away, despite her having moved all her chips in. Clearly not concentrating.

^^  THIS!!!  

Down to the rules, yeah...hand is dead, but blimey!  He reached right in there for them.

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 17:51:58 PM »

The one that caught me out was on the FT at the World Amatuer. I thought that I was in the BB and placed my chips in accordingly, but was actually first to act. The dealer dealt the hands and I was considered to have called. My observation was that surely the dealer should have advised that it was not my BB this time and returned my chips before he dealt or had only dealt one card.

Anyway, it was deemed a call, and 20% of my stack was in the middle for nothing.

Lesson is be careful at the table with your cards and chips, and watch out for crappy dealers

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 22:54:39 PM »

The one that caught me out was on the FT at the World Amatuer. I thought that I was in the BB and placed my chips in accordingly, but was actually first to act. The dealer dealt the hands and I was considered to have called. My observation was that surely the dealer should have advised that it was not my BB this time and returned my chips before he dealt or had only dealt one card.

Anyway, it was deemed a call, and 20% of my stack was in the middle for nothing.

Lesson is be careful at the table with your cards and chips, and watch out for crappy dealers

Blatant I made the FT of the Worlds Brag!!
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 22:42:12 PM »
Ive seen this several times now, and it gets worse and worse.  What a donky dealer. He had a concentration lapse, and if it happenens to me i would wait for him in the car park. intresting comments on youtube if you read them.

It would of been nice to see Tran give her the pot IMO.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 23:41:22 PM »

and if it happenens to me i would wait for him in the car park.

LOL - didn"t think you were the type Will
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D