Author Topic: Is folding the nuts in PLO on the flop ever right  (Read 3180 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Is folding the nuts in PLO on the flop ever right
« on: December 17, 2009, 23:59:54 PM »
Cash game 10p/20p 6 handed. Stacks range between £10 & £30 (were also playing a round of NLHE with 5p /10p blinds every orbit) and I have around £12

i"m on the button and it"s limped to me with 574Q with 5Q diamonds. I know I should fold but game has been very loose and with position I decide to call. No help on flop I"m gone.

SB new to the game decides to raise to £1. He"s still fresh to the game and doesn"t really understand that showing down a middle pair is not always best in a multiway pot). Everyone calls. I know I Should fold but the 80p towin £6 is just far too genarous (sp) so I call.

4 6 8 flop with 2 hearts (I have none) and 1 diamond.  I"m thinking yahtzee to an extent but still dangerous with flush or possible high straight draw. Or someone has made a set with a possible redraw to full house.

SB bets £2 into £6 pot. BB calls. UTG calls and it"s folded to me. I have £11 in my stack.

I feel calling is wrong here as it"s letting the flushs hit their heart of whch I put the BB and UTG on. I put SB on a high pair QQ or KK so bb range doesnt bother me too much.

Way I see it is if I shove it"s only costing the BB (who I had covered) a further £9 to win £18 and then UTG (who had everyone covered) £9 to win £27 of which he is probably getting the odds. However with 2 hearts in each hand plus 2 on the flop that"s 4 of 13 gone and only 9 of the suit left. I have recently heard arguements on both sides for folding and shoving this in a multiway pot but I thought that in this scenario itcoul be a fold situation as I have no redraws (except an outside chance of runner runner diamonds flush draw)

I elected to shove my remaining stack in after tanking for at least a minute. I only had just under the size of the pot left after the £2 call. SB insta calls me as does BB. UTG tanks now and folds his hand and 2 pair up (also a heart draw but only Q high) saying his flush draw wasn"t to the nut flush

SB shows ak spades with 99 both red
BB I"m worried about. They too have 57 for the straight but also AJ hearts for the flush  draw which thankfully doesn"t come. And we chop upthe pot and the SB stackbetween us. Ironically the UTG wouldve filled up his 2 pair on the turn to a full house

but on a draw heavyboard in a multiway pot. With no redraw is it right to fold? UTG whom I knowto be very good at many forms of poker said my shove/repot was right as it proved the way the hand unfolded to make him foldas has a few others whowas watching said .  Where as couple of others said I shouldve just called and if the board paired or a heart comes down I can get away from it    

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Is folding the nuts in PLO on the flop ever right
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:36:25 AM »
If you have the nut straight and no redraw AND you have a lot action before you act then folding is probably correct. In this case you got the chance to stick your chips in first which may have been the best option.

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:20:22 AM »
Right sumtimes - u r not deep enough here - get it in on this flop.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 16:18:32 PM »

Right sumtimes - u r not deep enough here - get it in on this flop.

wot he said!

You only have 60 big blinds at risk - no way should you ever fold the current nuts here. If you were 2/3 hundred big blinds deep, then folding MAY be the right option IF loads of action BEFORE you act.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 19:32:03 PM »
If there had been a raise and re raise/pot infront of me I"m be inclined to fold

but in thus situ was my raise the correct play?

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 11:21:32 AM »
Of cors it was - and u shud never fold to a raise and a r/r in this spot!  U dnt have enuf chips to fold the nuts here.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...