Author Topic: Tonight's action  (Read 3429 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Tonight's action
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:33:26 AM »
After a great Christmas period, 2010 has started badly for me on the poker front, with cow"s rear-ends and banjo"s coming to mind but I thought it was all changing tonight and it did........sort of.

First of all, I decided to qualify for SkyPoker"s Luton event....£24 with a seat for every 5 players and with 46 players it represented great value at 9 seats.
 With 15 left they moved this Irish.....errmmm....."nerbbbbb" back to my table. He had 16k where you only needed 10k average to stroll into a seat. All the other 5 of us had between 2500 and 4500 with the blinds at 150/300.
 UTG he raises to 600 and the next guy shoves for his 2500. I look down at J-J and re-shove for 3600 so unless the madman has a MONSTER......why would he call.......but he did.......with K-9.
 My heart sank on an 8-3-2 flop.....then a K turn and K river to put me out.

At the same time I was playing the $22 Stars tourney (1 re-buy and 1 add-on) which ended up with 938 runners and almost $50k in the prizepool.
 I encountered some of the top online players in the world during the next 5 hours but after limping into the money, I doubled up to approx 112k and was 20th with 68 left........then ........my interenet connection collapsed !!
 35 minutes later I got back on and found 33 left, with me 31st with 66k and 3 of the top 5 in chips on my table!!
 I eventually went out 24th for just over $200 but was so frustrated after working my way back into some sort of form only to have it snatched away by Virgin Broadband !
 Still, at least my computer screen is still in one piece as 20 years ago I would almost certainly have put my fist through it !
 Anyway, there is light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully, a good showing at tomorrow night"s BCPC Week 3 will set me up nicely for next weekend"s big team event.......and at least my computer can"t pack-up tomorrow night.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Re: Tonight's action
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:28:47 AM »
1.  Were as JJ is a monster I"d be inclined to old to monster stacks like
this. They probably got the stack from calling all in and gutting weak aces etc

2. Broadband. Phone virgin and complain. I went through a 2week period were my connection would dropevery half hour or  so and seemed to be always near money in online tourneys etc. And only In The evening. I complaine and they gave me compensation for it when I told them I worked from
home and this was affectng my work schedule. It"s no great shakes but you"ll probably get a free month or something. ( If it was there fault)  

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 18:24:16 PM »
Ive never had any problem with BT broad band, but i hear AOL is dodgy also. Must feel sick Bri...UL

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:56:57 AM »
I"m not in a Virgin area now, but used to have my broadband through them.  Never had a problem for years, then started getting issues.  Spoke to them, and eventually one helpful chap said that it was probably the old modem I had.  They sent a new one through, and all the problems vanished.

YMMV.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 13:11:13 PM »
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason