Author Topic: Online Satellites - Too many chips??  (Read 18285 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Online Satellites - Too many chips??
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 12:36:12 PM »
Given last nights result I would say the original question should be answered with a YES.

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 13:24:04 PM »
Well we finished last night around 2.20 am.

The heads up was quite a marathon for online tourneys.

I am a very keen advocate of 5000 chips deep stack, it is what APAT is about.

I cant see how you can have different starting chips for weekday tourneys compared to weekend ones.

Of course the fact I won might make me a little biased  ;D
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 14:11:25 PM »
a 6 hr online MTT is too long for me, with work the following day to consider

Not that I should worry too much about the lack of sleep, given how easily I donked my chips away.

I do agree that deep stacks are what APAT is about and any suggestion to change starting stacks and blind levels would be out purely selfish motives. Sounded like a great tourney with a good turnout. Looking forward to the next one, whenever that will be for me.

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

JulioArca

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 15:04:01 PM »
I thought last nights structure was excellent, and allowed for a fair amount of play. Unfortunately too many pople entered  ;D
Tiredness really started to kick in after midnight and I ended up folding KQs to a minimum raise all in by two others, only to see the flop come  9c th js - couldnt believe it and spent the next 5 minutes berating everything rather loudly.  >:( (not good at that hour of the day). Having got to second with 80k chips it would have put me over the 100k mark.
Then proceeded to donk off my remaining chips with a K9 to A3 on an AKx flop - stoopid. Okay very tired and stoopid.
So all in all a late night Monday (qualified for Walsall), a late night Thursday (11th place) and no doubt another late night tomorrow. (If I make it that far).
But hey nobody said it was easy....... :P

PS For what its worth a 7 - 7:30pm start wouldn"t be too bad as the slow structure allows pre-registration and you wont lose too many chips. Alternatively how about 4500 chips as a compromise. :-\

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 15:45:56 PM »
good point. An earlier start would be appreciated, again only for selfish reasons. I sat down 30 mins in yesterday and had only lost a handful of chips.

So an early start isn"t too bad for the commuter crew.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 19:16:04 PM »
I think I read somewhere that APAt are trying to get BSq to reintroduce the antes. This would help. Des, can you confrm?

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 20:18:38 PM »
I did not play this Thursday, but if it's going to be a 2am finish all the time I don't think I will be playing any. Why not reduce the starting chips to 3000 for a Thursday?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 20:30:45 PM »

I think I read somewhere that APAt are trying to get BSq to reintroduce the antes. This would help. Des, can you confrm?

Definitely, but this is in the development queue at Playtech, so could take some time to deliver.  Along with a number of other very obvious improvements.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 10:16:38 AM »

a 6 hr online MTT is too long for me, with work the following day to consider

That"s the same for me, that"s why I will usually not be playing them.

And the people who can"t play the Saturday ones for family or work reasons will miss the Saturday ones.

But not every result counts, so you don"t have to play both the Saturday and the Thursday ones - it"s perfectly feasible to only play one or the other the whole season.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2007, 16:06:02 PM »
I for one will not be playing another online one unless the starting chips are lowered, it just takes far to long, Thursday work the next day and well Saturday is social day (i should imagine this is the same for a lot), so I cant see me playing many if any of these which is a shame.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2007, 17:17:23 PM »

... Saturday is social day (i should imagine this is the same for a lot), so I cant see me playing many if any of these which is a shame.

It is a shame, but if people choose to do other social things than socially play poker it"s entirely up to them. I don"t think the aim of these tournaments should be to get as many players as possible - it should be to provide the best possible tournament for those that choose to play it.

I definitely won"t be playing many Thursday tournaments because of work, and I might miss a fair few saturday ones. But I don"t think they should be changed to enable me to play more - I think they should only be changed to make improvements to the tournament itself.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341