Author Topic: Release of additional seats for Swansea main event  (Read 4164 times)

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Release of additional seats for Swansea main event
« on: March 13, 2010, 10:45:13 AM »
Any news on whether extra seats will be allocated for the amateur main event as the pro event has not sold out? As it"s now only a week away, i would like to book accomodation asap if i could get a seat.

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: Release of additional seats for Swansea main event
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 22:39:38 PM »
I agree with Geo (as long as he is not on my table), it would be nice to see the people on the exchange board get seats first.
Showbiz doesnt have many posts but he has been a regular player on my team in last years league and it would be nice to meet him :-)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 19:01:21 PM »
As of a couple of minutes ago there were only 14 seats sold of 50.

Disappointing and it would seem right to give those on the Seat Exchange board first refusal.

Any words fellas?
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 19:42:12 PM »
I agree as well. I have a friend who whilst being a new member, is desparate to play in Swansea as I have told him so many good things about APAT weekends. He even has a hotel booked but no seats as yet!!!
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 06:47:01 AM »
I don"t see how the seats can be transferred to the £75 event until the last minute?

If the decision was made to close the Pro event before Sat morning, I suspect that the 14 that have entered would probably un-register... I can"t see many being prepared to travel to Swansea for a 14 man tournament.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:13:01 AM »

I don"t see how the seats can be transferred to the £75 event until the last minute?

If the decision was made to close the Pro event before Sat morning, I suspect that the 14 that have entered would probably un-register... I can"t see many being prepared to travel to Swansea for a 14 man tournament.

I"d be surprised if they bailed last minute for two reasons:

Professional League:  The PL will feature seven events capped at fifty players utilising a deep Pot Limit Hold'em structure, which will bring skill to the fore.   Featuring a registration free buy in of £250, each event will have a GUKPT main event seat added for the winner and be open to APAT amateur and professional members.  Played on a Saturday alongside the Amateur Championship event.

and

Sponsorship Packages:  The winner of the Professional League will win a £20,000 APAT sponsorship package for 2011.  In addition, the winners of the Online and National Amateur Rankings will join the 17 Amateur Champions from season four and the player with the most points finishes across Amateur and Online events, to compete in the APAT Champions Final, to play for a second APAT £20,000 sponsorship package in 2011.  This event will be held in February 2011 and venue details will be announced closer to that time.

Seems to me, those 14 in the first event are getting much better odds at the two points mentioned above than they would if it sold out at the 50 cap.  IMO, they"d be crazy to pull out of this one!

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:24:13 AM »

Professional League:  The PL will feature seven events capped at fifty players utilising a deep Pot Limit Hold'em structure, which will bring skill to the fore.   Featuring a registration free buy in of £250, each event will have a GUKPT main event seat added for the winner and be open to APAT amateur and professional members.  Played on a Saturday alongside the Amateur Championship event.

and

Sponsorship Packages:  The winner of the Professional League will win a £20,000 APAT sponsorship package for 2011.  In addition, the winners of the Online and National Amateur Rankings will join the 17 Amateur Champions from season four and the player with the most points finishes across Amateur and Online events, to compete in the APAT Champions Final, to play for a second APAT £20,000 sponsorship package in 2011.  This event will be held in February 2011 and venue details will be announced closer to that time.

Seems to me, those 14 in the first event are getting much better odds at the two points mentioned above than they would if it sold out at the 50 cap.  IMO, they"d be crazy to pull out of this one!

value overlay ftw!
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 12:34:14 PM »

Three of us have booked flights hotels etc and will be down Friday come what may.  If only 14 play I"d be amazed as it is too much value for any sane player to pass up but I wouldn"t be disappointed if 14 turn up  ;D
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

Sunseekers

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »
hell yeah, im not gonna cancel and fancy my chances inthe pro event. 1 outta 14

you guys are all forgettin

pro event is PLhe pot limit.

its very rare to play a PLhe tournement in UK and much prefer the style.

gl and see you chaps on the table
2009 WCOAP PLO BRONZE
2010 WCOAP STUD BRONZE
2010 IRLAND BRONZE
2011 ooooops
2012 ECOAP STUD BRONZE

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »

Alan,

We are not asking for the Pro event reg to be closed early. We are simply asking if an alternates list for any spaces allocated from the Pro event can be set up with the people who have expressed an interest in playing on the seat exchange board being given first refusal.

I am flying down anyway on Saturday morning but earliest I can get to cardiff is 11.50, this doesn"t give too much time to get to Swansea to get my name on the alternates list early.

If you don"t ask, you don"t get, if the answer is no, only on the day then so be it.............................however an answer of somekind from APAT would be appreciated.

Geo

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 13:10:59 PM »

and

value overlay ftw!

Since you put it like that... maybe I"ll play the £250 event instead.  :o

I have to admit that I had overlooked the added valoooooo.  ::)

That said, I still don"t anticipate any early decisions!  ;D
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 16:12:21 PM »

hell yeah, im not gonna cancel and fancy my chances inthe pro event. 1 outta 14

you guys are all forgettin

pro event is PLhe pot limit.

its very rare to play a PLhe tournement in UK and much prefer the style.

gl and see you chaps on the table

Wish I"d thought of that
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998