Author Topic: Have i played this wrong??  (Read 7056 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Re: Have i played this wrong??
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 10:31:18 AM »
Min raising/re raising is horrible in virtually any situation. Very Fishy and only poor players I see doing it

I see it all the time and it"s alway the worst players that do it. They have no inception of pot size or what your bet means.  Saying that it can be used to your advantage. Many a time I"ve bet (example) 400 into a 900 pot with an open ended straight draw or flush draw against certain opponents knowing that they"ll only min raise me with a top pair type hand or flat call a medium pair or hit the board.

And when I have a strong hand and re raise I always bet more as I like to think if they call a min raise they"ll call a 2.5 > 3.5x raise to get value

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 10:42:16 AM »
i spose if you only ever open hands for value and never steal then raising bigger is better. But that is just plain boring
Looking forward to making my first day 2

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 11:01:16 AM »
The biggest online players min raise pre I imagine they"re quite profitable too.

Run better imo
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 12:54:14 PM »

Min raising/re raising is horrible in virtually any situation.

Against weak tight blinds who fold often, min raising from co & btn is compulsory and super profitable.

Quote from: LongshanksED

Very Fishy and only poor players I see doing it

Flawed thinking imho.

The biggest online players min raise pre I imagine they"re quite profitable too.

+1

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 14:34:13 PM »

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 16:29:35 PM »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 17:22:51 PM »
Yeah - I know I posted a lot, but it"s in there - near the end.

It is not a question of 3x-ing or 3.5x-ing, or min-raising, or anything else.  The point being that we should bet as much as we think we can get a call with when we have a strong hand, and as little as we think our opponent will fold for when we want a fold. 

Sorry to bury it in the full post, but I thought the rest was valuable so included it too.