Author Topic: River Value Shove vs unknown  (Read 8061 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: River Value Shove vs unknown
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »
He had K3 and called pretty quick irl.  Doesnt really mean anything tho.  Still not sure about if this will be a profitable shove vs an unknown.  Have my doubts.  
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
That"s a staggering call from villain. Puts out a probe bet on the river - gets an answer, but calls anyway.

Against an unknown this is still probably a call
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »
The thing that makes me still want to push is the fact that people do not like to blocker-bet/fold, and often level themselves into calling with worse.  He should not be betting so small with a flush as it is obvious I have sdv, and river is a scare card.  He should be v/betting as much as he thinks I will call with flushes, so this 1/3 pot bet doesnt make sense.  He could be inducing but it doesnt look like a good spot, esp when we have no history.

One thing I would say is, in general....blocker-bet/folding is not a good idea, as people play pretty badly against them.  

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 14:51:03 PM »

The thing that makes me still want to push is the fact that people do not like to blocker-bet/fold, and often level themselves into calling with worse.  He should not be betting so small with a flush as it is obvious I have sdv, and river is a scare card.  He should be v/betting as much as he thinks I will call with flushes, so this 1/3 pot bet doesnt make sense.  He could be inducing but it doesnt look like a good spot, esp when we have no history.

One thing I would say is, in general....blocker-bet/folding is not a good idea, as people play pretty badly against them. 

i"m not quite sold on your theorem that people do not like to block bet fold, bad players yes, good players no...

but on the flipside a good player will understand the general idea/theory behind river blocker bets [dont make them to small :) although that can depend on the style of the opponent] so your point on his bet sizing makes sense...

if you had included/made reference to villains OPR stats in the post then you may of got some different feedback imo..

ps - include pot totals in post, i get confused adding up :)

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 15:08:10 PM »

He had K3 and called pretty quick irl.  Doesnt really mean anything tho.  Still not sure about if this will be a profitable shove vs an unknown.  Have my doubts. 

Wow!

Still not liking the shove but obviously worked out here. Love to know what he put you on. Although i"m guessing the answer is, he didn"t. Ace King maybe?

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 15:11:44 PM »

Wow!

Still not liking the shove but obviously worked out here. Love to know what he put you on. Although i"m guessing the answer is, he didn"t. Ace King maybe?

tbf - I prob turn a lot of made hands into bluffs otr when he bets this amount.  More than I should do anyway!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 15:16:03 PM by Marty719 »

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 15:38:58 PM »

Wow!

tbf - I prob turn a lot of made hands into bluffs otr when he bets this amount.  More than I should do anyway!

When holding the nuts against Marty, make a small bet on the river and wait for the ship to come on in

:)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 15:40:34 PM »

Wow!

When holding the nuts against Marty, make a small bet on the river and wait for the ship to come on in

:)

I highly recomend everyone to take this approach!!

ps - obv this thread has been giant hustle to save me some $ on rivers when I dnt find the fold button :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 16:26:41 PM by Marty719 »

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »
Lol was gonna post that this is a bit thin due to lack of credible 2 pair hands out there
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 14:17:18 PM »

Lol was gonna post that this is a bit thin due to lack of credible 2 pair hands out there

K3=AK imo.  I am not value shoving a worse 2 pair otr.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 22:30:07 PM »
What I meant was that there weren"t many credible worse hands that villain would call with to make your shove worthwhile. Given result I doubt villain bothered to put you on a hand though
Looking forward to making my first day 2