Author Topic: Definite fold...  (Read 2695 times)

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
Definite fold...
« on: March 04, 2011, 13:51:42 PM »
  Deepstack champion S2  

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: Definite fold...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 14:02:28 PM »
I play the same a lot of the time.  Like ur 4bet sizing.  Against ppl w/ very low ftcb stats and high AF I may b/c half pot on the flop, but without this info I think checking back and folding turn is good.  There are arguments that checking back the flop can induce turn spew, but the flop whacks our p/f 4b range.  Dont think villain has any air in his range after 3b"n an utg raiser and flatting a 4b.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 16:36:12 PM by Marty719 »
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 15:14:54 PM »

I play the same a lot of the time.  Like ur 4bet sizing.  Against ppl w/ very low ft3b stats and high AF I may b/c half pot on the flop, but without this info I think checking back and folding turn is good.  There are arguments that checking back the flop can induce turn spew, but the flop whacks our p/f 4b range.  Dont think villain has any air in his range after 3b"n an utg raiser and flatting a 4b.

Yeah this don"t level yourself into thinking he is bluffing
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 15:51:20 PM »
Cheers fellas, it has been suggested I should have bet around a 3rd of the pot on the flop but surely this would have been a waste of chips as my oppo is unlikely to be folding and we would likely be folding to a shove ?
  Deepstack champion S2  

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 15:53:50 PM »

Cheers fellas, it has been suggested I should have bet around a 3rd of the pot on the flop but surely this would have been a waste of chips as my oppo is unlikely to be folding and we would likely be folding to a shove ?

We can"t bet 1/3rd pot and fold to a shove.  Betting so small increases villains fold equity and thus widens his flop shoving range.  If we bet this small, it is to b/c, but this is not good without more info.  Bet small/folding would be a horrible line.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 16:06:19 PM »

We can"t bet 1/3rd pot and fold to a shove.  Betting so small increases villains fold equity and thus widens his flop shoving range.  If we bet this small, it is to b/c, but this is not good without more info.  Bet small/folding would be a horrible line.

Agreed, in this spot with no solid info on our adversary, checking is the only option.
  Deepstack champion S2