Author Topic: team numbers  (Read 3105 times)

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
team numbers
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:11:58 AM »
Simple question

If a team has low numbers is this an obvious disadvantage?
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: team numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »

Simple question

Possibly, but it doesn"t seem to be affecting Dublin that much...  :D

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 09:57:23 AM »

Simple question

I think it gives a slightly less chance of scoring , but with only the top four team members scoring for the team points , thinks this limits the impact of only having a few players, well done on the win last night Charlie
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:01:12 AM by gerry5421 »
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »
I"d say quality can outweigh quantity, but a team with a severe numerical disadvantage would find it a tall order to overturn their rivals.  I would say that just considering variance alone, the numbers mean you can ride it out better.

From the T&Cs:

5 - A maximum of four players per club can score individual points in any one match for calculating team matchday points.  Should five players reach points scoring positions, the lowest of those points scorers will receive 0 individual points, and individual points will be allocated to the next best finisher.  In this example, the player finishing in 19th position would receive 3 individual points for for the purposes of deciding matchday team points

Clearly, it is the job of team Captain to ensure that recruits are continually increased throughout the season and that those registered for each Club keep coming back.  For me, this means stalking all my players online and pouncing on them in FB chat whenever they log on, firing PMs and Wall posts, and generally making a nuisance of myself until they surrender and reg for the coming match.

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
 For me, this means stalking all my players online and pouncing on them in FB chat whenever they log on, firing PMs and Wall posts, and generally making a nuisance of myself until they surrender and reg for the coming match.

lol , yea and that
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 11:07:02 AM »
its not too bad really... going by numbers last night i think it was roughly 50-60 player so if you get 5 players in your covering 10%ish of the field which isnt bad but obviously if your getting less than the 4 required to get in the points then its a severe disadvantage.
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef