Author Topic: APAT online  (Read 31091 times)

evilpie

• Silver Member
Re: APAT online
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2008, 21:18:28 PM »

The APAT tour embodies all of our events and what you view as cheap, may be expensive to others.  The online series games were $20 + $2 in season one for one game every two weeks.  In Season Two we retained the same level of buy per every two weeks, but we effectively now run two games during that period.  The focus in developing S2 was live; where a great deal of development has taken place, while keeping the online series relatively risk free.

For Season Three the online proposition will gain a greater focus and offer Championship events at a higher level of buy in, while retaining an entry level offering also.  I believe those who are unhappy with the current online series schedule will be very pleased when we roll out Season Three.  However, we are not willing to alienate beginners in doing this.  Bottom line is the range of online events will be wider and much more prestigious, while I expect the overall number of events to drop.

I would welcome further feedback on the rankings and points allocation.  I"m still of the opinion that winning an APAT two day live event - from a cost, physical and overall skill point of view - is a far greater achievement than winning our most prestigious online event (whatever that might become).

Apologies for using the word cheap. That was maybe a bit harsh. I hope this didn"t make me seem like a high roller who thinks low buy ins are beneath them. I"ve never played anything higher than the P Stars Sunday million and this is only very very rare. If there was an occasional APAT high buy in event I would save up my online bankroll to enter an event not only with a big prize but also with some prestige (unlike the Sunday million). It"s just nice to have something like this to look forward to and also to talk about on the forum etc.

I certainly wouldn"t want anyone alienated because events were too expensive (especially beginners as I"m still very much one myself). Unfortunately a low cost event also alienates another set of players. Maybe a set of satellites or something to enter the bigger event is the way forward.

It sounds like there will be many changes to the online series and I"m looking forward to seeing what they are. Good luck to the APAT team trying to keep everyone happy. Unfortunately this is impossible because no matter what you come up with someone"s going to have a moan. I"m just glad I only have to bang on about it on here and not actually make the final decision.

I agree that the live events are always going to be superior to the online events (as they should be). It would just be nice to have then as close as possible in order that the rankings are kept fair.

On to that subject a bit later.......

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »
Instead of having a champion at the end of the season with the highest points. Have a grand final of the top 10 points finishers as a finally to the end of season. This could be televised (if Des could arrange it). This would prolong the season for most people, as you only need to finish in the top 10. It would keep people interested to the last game plus it would give the online game more purpose.

If it could be televised, maybe BSQ could sponsor it separately?

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2008, 12:02:25 PM »

Instead of having a champion at the end of the season with the highest points. Have a grand final of the top 10 points finishers as a finally to the end of season. This could be televised (if Des could arrange it). This would prolong the season for most people, as you only need to finish in the top 10. It would keep people interested to the last game plus it would give the online game more purpose.

Best idea I"ve heard. Big thumbs up to this plan. It would be a great way to keep people interested right up to the last event of the season (prior to this one).

Would maybe be an idea to have additional chips allocated on a points won basis as well just to make sure that the points leader got a little extra.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »

Great idea Wayne.

Televising it might be a little out of APATs budget though, Daniel was throwing some figures at me last week which were waaaayyyyyy steep. But how about we buy some small web cam cameras to view hole cards and get tikay and Des to add the commentary "post production", as it were. We could then sell the finished product to the highest bidder  :o

BTW, did you get my PM re your software question ?

Ian

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »

Televising it might be a little out of APATs budget though, Daniel was throwing some figures at me last week which were waaaayyyyyy steep. But how about we buy some small web cam cameras to view hole cards and get tikay and Des to add the commentary "post production", as it were. We could then sell the finished product to the highest bidder  :o

DTD have got a proper televised table with hole card viewer that I"m sure they"d let us borrow.

Having seen Tikay there on several occasions with his roll of 50"s he must"ve raked enough by now to be able to get it on his greenshield stamps  ;D ;D ;D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2008, 13:09:25 PM »
Yes Ian, PM you soon

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2008, 14:46:56 PM »
Online tournament feedback:

I have played 4 or 5 online games and have found them to be enjoyable, the slow structure suits my game. I think there is room to speed the structure up slightly as APAT have done already.

The $10 buyin is fine, but perhaps there should be a range of buyins to suit a range of bankrolls.

I have missed many games due to the start time. 8pm is bedtime for little ones and I am forced to make a choice between poker and family.

The number of tournaments. I never know when they are on. I guess thats my fault for not being organised. Some Thursdays they are on and some they are not. Thursday isnt a great day for me. Saturday night often doesnt suit for a 4 - 5 hour tourney.

One thought...Would it be possible to make the online tournament a guaranteed payout also available to non members who could become members during the registration process. It seems to me that the online event attracts the same 180 players every time and no new players. Perhaps there are easier $10 tournaments to win out there than an APAT $10 tournament which is full of serious poker players, there must be added incentive.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2008, 11:03:29 AM »
I think the added incentive are the quality medals

Still not got my silver tho :(
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose