Author Topic: APAT Lithuanian Open  (Read 25858 times)

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
Re: APAT Lithuanian Open
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 14:12:44 PM »
Just to get a bit of debate going with regards to the on-line series structure.

Personally I thought the blind levels were too short last night (12 mins) but ok with the 4000 starting stack. I get up at 5.15am for work and would rather have a late night with a few hours sleep, once a fortnight, than play yet another crapshoot tourney. Surely this is one of the reason Apat has been so successful, promoting decent structures with a low buy-in.

Please give your feedback on this, for or against, as the guys at the top do listen.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 14:22:25 PM »

Personally I thought the blind levels were too short last night (12 mins) but ok with the 4000 starting stack. I get up at 5.15am for work and would rather have a late night with a few hours sleep, once a fortnight, than play yet another crapshoot tourney. Surely this is one of the reason Apat has been so successful, promoting decent structures with a low buy-in.

Please give your feedback on this, for or against, as the guys at the top do listen.

Agreed.  In the absence of antes on BlueSQ, the best solution appears to be 4,000 chips and 15 minute blinds (IMHO).
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 15:31:48 PM »
As usual was late arriving for last nights tourney, and lost the plot when my pair of kings got beat on the turn, and didn"t last much longer... next hand actually! But I agree with Dan, the slow structure that we are used to is a welcome change to other on line tourneys, so lets go with 15 min blinds.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 15:36:47 PM »
By necessity there will be 12 min blinds for the event tomorrow evening (essentially too late to change now), but keep the debate going and changes can be made.  I think a midnight finish was good though.

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 15:47:46 PM »
I think the starting stack and blind levels were fine I dont know what your all moaning about????????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Starzbars

• Patience, Patience, but not quite enough patience!
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 19:19:01 PM »
 ???   ???   ???

I don"t mind how its done, but what"s wrong with a 2000 start and a 2359 finish at the latest. 12 min / 15 mins / 3500 chips / 4000 chips, there is not much difference, its NOT 3min blinds / 1000 chips.

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2008, 19:28:17 PM »

having not played that many games online maybe i shouldnt comment ,but will anyway , i felt the same 4,000 ok but blinds were a little quick seemed to go up very quickly ,

mind u maybe the fact i folded more than i played due to poor cards lol never got involved till later at bigger blinds
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

smithsj1

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2008, 22:47:42 PM »
I played a few events last season and my first game this year was in just before Christmas where we had 5,000 chips and 15 min blinds which I thought was a good format. The change for the last two tournaments was I think too much. The All In madness as I call it on each hand seemed to start about 30 to 40 minutes earlier which negates the possibility of any creative play during this period.

The problem is of course that we have one game on a Thursday and one at a weekend. I guess that many people have work on Friday mornings so wouldn"t really want a real late game which is why changes were proposed but is the rationale valid for a Saturday? I don"t know about everyone else but whether it finisheds at midnight or 2am doesn"t really matter so much to me on a Saturday whereas midnight is where I would like to finish in the week.

So there you have it I"m an awkward bu@@er who wants the best of both worlds!

For my money I would prefer to have 15 minute blinds so it is just a case of getting the right chips to go with it. It seems to make sense to give 4,000 a try as this would be a half way house between the original set up and the latest couple of games and then see how it goes.

:)
cheers

Stuart

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »
Have to agree with the 15mins and 4000chip mob.
Still learn the science and practicing the art

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »

Have to agree with the 15mins and 4000chip mob.

12 Minutes on Thur - 15 Minutes on Saturday...