Author Topic: cash game live......25p/50p  (Read 7596 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: cash game live......25p/50p
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 23:52:00 PM »
 I am bad at cash games but i know that over limping OTB is really bad with your hand, you should be iso rasing or folding with this kind of hand, doesnt really play well after flop, so just folding is best. For him to raise oop is also bad with 98s because it plays so good multiway and all hes doing is bloating the pot.
Anyway, as played i dont think the float is too bad, but you did say hes a capable player. Well in cash games capable players fire and fire on dry boards like that, esp after he raise pre, so maybe just calling with Gs and back door FD isnt great. On turn nothing u can do, you mistake preflop cost you some Skrilla.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 23:59:47 PM »

I am bad at cash games but i know that over limping OTB is really bad with your hand, you should be iso rasing or folding with this kind of hand, doesnt really play well after flop, so just folding is best. For him to raise oop is also bad with 98s because it plays so good multiway and all hes doing is bloating the pot.
Anyway, as played i dont think the float is too bad, but you did say hes a capable player. Well in cash games capable players fire and fire on dry boards like that, esp after he raise pre, so maybe just calling with Gs and back door FD isnt great. On turn nothing u can do, you mistake preflop cost you some Skrilla.

Bloating the pot I kinda got - my head hurts  ;D

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 01:25:59 AM »
Liking the criticism...good and bad.....lol ger...kidz innit
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 18:58:14 PM »
raise £3 pre or fold although isolating with 8 high isnt the greatest play :) but if table plays nitty/passive its fine..... Calling on this flop to take away on the turn is hard on this board /if hes capable/if you have the sort of image i think you have
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 19:00:53 PM by I Q8Holds I »

ronaldo07

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »
I would like to be in a lot of pots with your "capable" oppo lol
Team GNF member Bronze medal S4
Team GNF member GOLD S5

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 13:00:39 PM »

..I thought his play was adventurous to say the least...

says he who limp/calls pre with 84, then calls a pot bet on flop with a gutshot :D

this

his play was pretty standard IMO. surely being aggressive in a huge limp and peel fest is the best way to play.

Your spot on Rob imho, strange how the thread views it...
Meh it plays well multi-way etc etc and calling may well be +EV in some of these situations BUT there are many players who for one reason or another don"t even consider the +EV situation a raise would set up for them and how much greater that EV would be than that of calling... [especially so versus limpers with wide ranges, likewise 3betting say 98s versus a wide ranged button or CO raiser is perfectly fine]
Whether Mr 98s realised it or not :) by raising those pesky limpers he does gain momentum, he can over-rep his hand and force them/bhoywonder etc to make a hand, and his raise/re-raise range obviously increases in the eyes of the more observant, Mr 98s becomes tougher to play against, by doing what he does his opponents if they call will face decreasing implied odds, afterall they are calling to try to crack his big hand :),,, also by mixing it up will increase his action on his big hands... Does it look +EV calling pre oop versus wide ranged limpers? or does raising look more +EV [in the long run] ??
Mr 98s might find his variance shoots up, but the number of bigger +EV situations he will be involved in does too ;)