Author Topic: APAT Spanish Open  (Read 14710 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Spanish Open
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 09:53:09 AM »
Should I ease up and play this hand differently in level 1 of a deepstack slow clock tourney?

blinds still 10/20. I reraise in early position to 80 with KK. All folds round to BB who moves all in for 3980 more into a pot of 110. Should I call here???

I called - he showed AKo. Of course the flop contained one of the three remaining As.

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 11:25:30 AM »

Should I ease up and play this hand differently in level 1 of a deepstack slow clock tourney?

blinds still 10/20. I reraise in early position to 80 with KK. All folds round to BB who moves all in for 3980 more into a pot of 110. Should I call here???

I called - he showed AKo. Of course the flop contained one of the three remaining As.

Firstly don"t be results orientated.

you say you reraise to 80 i assume you mean you were the initial raiser. if so what else are you going to do with KK you could have raised more but then you are likely to discourage action with a premium hand surely not what you want? Not sure what you mean by ease up? limp fold to a reraise?  ???

You managed to get him to commit 200BB with Ace high ffs. Never folding KK to that actiion i"m afraid if he plays AA like that then he is losing a shed load of value from his premium hands imo. The all in shouts out "go away i have a hand i don"t know how to play" call every single time and don"t ever doubt you are doing the wrong thing. You would need to shoot me then break my fingers to get me to let go of KK there.

p.s. kinboshi might even call to this action (might i say)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 13:14:38 PM »
not sure my question was actually serious - it was written from pure frustration. Am forever losing to fish chasing 3 outers, and was just taking the opportunity to rant.

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 13:18:30 PM »
OK then please ignore previous post.

Apart from the kinboshi calling part...now pretty certain he would fold imo.

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 13:24:16 PM »

Firstly don"t be results orientated.

you say you reraise to 80 i assume you mean you were the initial raiser. if so what else are you going to do with KK you could have raised more but then you are likely to discourage action with a premium hand surely not what you want? Not sure what you mean by ease up? limp fold to a reraise?  ???

You managed to get him to commit 200BB with Ace high ffs. Never folding KK to that actiion i"m afraid if he plays AA like that then he is losing a shed load of value from his premium hands imo. The all in shouts out "go away i have a hand i don"t know how to play" call every single time and don"t ever doubt you are doing the wrong thing. You would need to shoot me then break my fingers to get me to let go of KK there.

p.s. kinboshi might even call to this action (might i say)

ditto to the above.......  
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 13:35:30 PM »
this conversation got me thinking about whether the "correctness" of an action varies according to the tourney type, and have started a specific thread on this....

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1145.msg18271#new

Mayfair

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2008, 14:20:15 PM »

WP all.. and Maifair for 1st place...
:)

Thanks to all who took part and made it a most enjoyable (and profitable) evening
of poker for me.

I"ll be re-investing my winnings in future apat events.

See you soon.

Mayfair