Author Topic: Online & live IDs  (Read 1561 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Online & live IDs
« on: March 03, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »

I was enthusiastic about the online Day 1 but probably won"t play any more of them without some sort of key to be able to work out who we are playing against.
The player list is so new that HEM stats are worthless, especially since the players where I had >100 hands were people who i"d gathered info whilst playing in satellites.
Live I can see who I"m playing via the DTD website and if I don"t know them I can herbiesearch them or at least get some sort of view based on demeanour and appearance.
Online, we all hide behind Screen-names and don"t know if we"re facing a 4bet from Alex Goulder or Robert Baguley. Don"t know if that shove on the turn is being made by Stato or Mitch.

It also felt strangely flat for me. It"s fine for the online grinders, but for me, there was no sense of occasion and no sense that I was playing a £150k tournament.

It"s a fine innovation from DTD, but my earlier enthusiasm for it has gone.

GL all

DTD are currently making a decision on whether they will publicise DTD-IPoker screen names alongside real

This was posted whilst I was typing.....

I wrote this over on another forum...

A list of Day 1 qualifiers, with chip counts had been published (and was subsequently removed)

The list of qualifiers is on the DTD site, unheralded and unmentioned, and without chip counts. I"m waiting with interest to see if the usual practice on the updates is adhered to at the start of Day 2 and a full list of players with counts is given.

My, "won"t play again unless.." is probably an over-reaction but am I totally wrong to think that the preservation of anonymity is inappropriate in a combined online/live tournament?
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
Re: Online & live IDs
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 22:39:52 PM »
I think that they surely should list the chip counts of the online qualifiers, even if they dont include there screen names.

I can understand those that grind iPoker regualry may not want their ipoker names known, which is absolutley fine but if you sat in with 300k and your S/N is "PixeHobbit" then surely they can just list your real name in the full chip counts!!

Seems a bit odd.

Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever