Author Topic: JM 10/9 Hand 2 Did I play this hand badly on all streets?  (Read 2379 times)

Charlie44

• Silver Member
JM 10/9 Hand 2 Did I play this hand badly on all streets?
« on: September 16, 2013, 19:20:20 PM »
Definitely feel I made a few mistakes here. Obviously the min raise pre flop after a limper is very poor. OK to bet the flop with 2 callers on this flop ? Probably should have checked behind on the turn - good chance he is holding a jack ?   Was it the right plays on the river ?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: $14.71
SB: $13.25
BB: $13.45
UTG: $30.31
UTG+1: $10.27
UTG+2: $2.65
MP: $7.69
Hero (MP+1): $10.06
CO: $31.17

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Td 9d
fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10

Flop : ($0.65, 3 players) 4h Jd 3s
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.49, fold, MP calls $0.49

Turn : ($1.63, 2 players) 9c
MP checks, Hero bets $0.62, MP calls $0.62

River : ($2.87, 2 players) 9s
MP checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP raises to $6.00, Hero raises to $8.75 and is all-in, MP calls $0.38 and is all-in

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: JM 10/9 Hand 2 Did I play this hand badly on all streets?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 20:12:27 PM »
I don"t hate raising pre, but I would be making it 0.35/0.4 with the limper.

C betting is ok, so we know his fold to c-bet stat? Once called here I am pretty much done betting the turn!!

The river is fairly standard, unless he has slow played 44?? I would definitely get the money in and pray!!

In conclusion, raise more pre, c bet is fine, check fold turn, lose it all on river :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 23:08:54 PM »
This is a nasty spot. I agree with Stu about pre flop, given there is a limper make it 30c.

Flop is fine, although it is pretty dry. I would certainly c-bet that flop but be a bit concerned when I get called as there are really no draws out there, he could be calling with a hand like 77, 88 or TT which might fold to a bet on the turn. The turn changes nothing except for giving you a pair. I doubt he folds too much that could call the flop here though, the texture of the board has not really changed.

I like taking the free card as I think he has a Jack a very big percentage of the time here and is not folding if we bet. Also if I check then I give him the chance to bet on the river and I can call for about the same price as I am betting on the turn, so I don"t lose any more to somebody with a Jack but might be able to win more if somebody has bluffs in their range. Given that a Jack never folds on the turn and worse usually does we win lightly more by picking off the few bluffs that might be in his range on the river.

AS played on the river I am thinking he has a Jack so do indeed bet, I think I make it smaller though as we have overbet the pot and this line is rarely a bluff and most players will know this even if there are only nearly half way decent. $2 feels about the right size.

When he raises we hate it but the pots odds may dictate we have to call? Or not? I am not sure. I am guessing he has slow played 33 or 44 here, not sure how often we are actually winning on the river after he raises the overbet, it does not feel like the one in three we need. Why would he raise AJ there? there are really no two pair hands he can have. It looks like a set or a bluff to me here. It"s a tough one, I think a fold is correct but in game this is really tough to work out and execute.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 00:21:38 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. Just for the record he turns over 33 .

So I think the better plays are -
Pre - raise more
Flop - ok.
Turn - check.
River bet less and poss I can away from raise.

1 out of 4 not too bad  :)