Author Topic: Ipoker / Playtech ; Software Crashes Server Crashes and unfair practices  (Read 5603 times)

Buffenberger

• Bronze Member
Hello there. I do not know know how many of you play on this network but you should be made aware of the following ;
1.CUSTOMER SUPPORT; They have no rights , no powers and no authority.They cannot pause or cancel games and more worryingly they can only contact ipoker via email and wait for a reply about any issue. That is ipoker policy!This means when there is a a mass server crash or software problem that requires immediate attention / intervention , the games are simply allowed to run and continue .I personally have played in a game where more than half the field is sat out through no fault of their own . I have also sat in a game where half the tables are actually being dealt no cards for an hour while other tables in the same game are running as normal. On every occasion despite both customer support and Ipoker having been  made aware of these problems , games have been wrongly allowed to run to their conclusion .In nearly every case customer support have not even had a reply from ipoker until way after the tournaments have ended!Further more Ipoker have actually allowed people to login and late reg for games they are aware have already crashed and even register to up and coming games when they know that these will crash too . That just smacks of short term greed to me .
2. IPOKER; cannot be contacted by phone or even by email ( their only online page has an email link which is permanently down and is so at the time of writing).They also will not deal with any individual customer complaint . Seeing as customer support are unable and indeed not allowed to answer queries or address problems , how can this be right?
3.CUSTOMER CARE; In the current economic climate , you would wrongly assume that competing skins and networks would do everything in their powers to look after and retain their paying and playing customers . Sadly , that is not  the case .Customer support at my skin Boyle poker is obnoxious , uncaring and simply lays the blame for everything at Ipoker"s door. They do not follow things up , they have never apologised and when attempting to gain a refund its almost like the player has done everything wrong. Promised emails are not sent , queries can take over a week to be answered and there is simply no customer care what so ever.
4. Ipoker fines skins for having winning players on a monthly basis ; This just shows how greedy ipoker are . It also explains why winning players are treated particularly badly ( I am an average winner here nothing big yet am appallingly treated despite generating a lot of ipoints and rake here) and has undoubtedly contributed to the demise of some fine sites like Blue Square , Nuts poker and Black Belt to name but a few.
A couple of weekends ago this came to a head for me . I was 3/103 in the Sunday diamond was 3/29 in the 1500 hl and was a top 4 stack in the 655pm omaha. The server crashed , yet even after 2 hours of en mass complaints the mtts just continued to run .Even the  Sundayflagship ipoker games just continued . When I was at last back on my tables 1 player in the Sunday Diamond had been allowed back in early and had around 40% of the mtt chips in play .I had 5bb. I had 2bb in the hl and was out of the omaha.Even now I have had no apologies , no explanation and no reassurances about future games. I had to contact Alderney the online gaming commission in order to get my refunds
I have now had enough . I have endured broken tournament lobbies , games freezing , lack of apologies and refunds and just 0 from ipoker. I urge anyone with similar problems to contact Alderney in order to get your voices heard.
I do not understand how a network can just be allowed to operate in this manner , seemingly imperious to criticism or complaints whilst at the same time happily and greedily taking our rake and reg. I do appreciate that every site and network can have it"s problems but when choosing a network to play on you need to consider these facts.
Yes I did continue to play here because I win there but whether you win a million or happily lose weekly your online experience should be better than this .
Apologies for my long winded rant . Enjoy your weekend and if you are playing at Ipoker I hope you do not endure a software crash which has happened yet again this week .THANKS

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
I agree that there is an awful lot wrong with iPoker, and recognise and agree with many of the specific comments above about technical issues.

However, due to the excellent game choice and tourney structure, iPoker remains my provider of choice. I"ve found Coral, Grosvenor, and DTD, all to be excellent when it comes to customer service, and I have had cause to claim refund from Grosvenor a couple of times which has been paid within a day or two

kohan

• Silver Member
i also had no problem with dtd when site crashed  a while  ago, i got through to customer services and got a refund  following day and if i remember correctly they put a notice on there site apologising for the inconvenience to players saying there refunds should be in there accounts at latest  the following day
2013 wcoap  heads up bronze medalist
2013 home internatiols team event silver medalist
2014  online english silver medalist
2015  wcoap team event silver medalist
2016  wcoap  7 card stud silver medalist
2016european c/ships bronze medalist
2017  uk team c/ship  gold medalist

Buffenberger

• Bronze Member
Thank you for your opinions gentlemen  . It annoys me that the skins" customer service do not provide equal levels of quality across the board .I suppose with Rob Yong and his excellent team at dtd , you are more likely to receive support from people who actually understand players and problems relating to poker. I only wish this was the case with Boyle poker. However , I still do not understand how Ipoker can  legally be allowed to simply run crashed mtts to their conclusion whilst at the same time allowing players to reg for and in sit in games they know are going to crash .I will play certain games on Ipoker  because of their structure and the player fields but long gone are the days of multi tabling 6 days a week here because the software is too unreliable and nobody seems to be accountable or helpful when things go badly wrong .
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 19:28:57 PM by Buffenberger »