Author Topic: Running Bad  (Read 5302 times)

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
Re: Running Bad
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 13:52:16 PM »
Cheers Billy I will do my best! played some omaha yesterday really enjoyed it going to give it a bash now and again!!
#
kenny
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 14:19:01 PM »
i got to a pont where i was getting sucked out nearly every time - eg - getting into the money in a 100 runner tourney and in the payouts positions for 5-10 place was double the buy in (20 euros) - i have QQ and raise all in (shortstacked) 3 players call and then check it down. All 3 players had A 5 and the A on the river killed it for me

got to a point last week where i took all my poker websites, stuck them in  a folder on my desktop and renamed it DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 1ST OCTOBER

was getting really hacked off with it then i"d reload or buy into a bigger sit n go to try and win my money back - then i realised i wasnt playing poker for a living, i enjoyed the game and wanted to win but to start steaming and chase my losses i"d be on a sticky wicket

then i played a live game on sunday (£25 freezeout) and every time i was favourite to win the hand but guys calling with nothing call my 3 bets all the way to the river and their J 3 hits the J on the river on my pocket 10s on a board with no straights or draws to make his/her bets make sense

thinking of entering a £5 rebuy tonight and calling it my last for a few months

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 16:49:11 PM »
I have been running really badly of late as well!! (dont all Poker players say that! ;))

Today MTT for instance Ak, raise pre-flop - one caller - Flop A-x-x, i CB as i would Player shoves, I call, he turns over A2h and proceeds to hit runner runner for a flush, onto the Next tourny Similar thing, Just taken down a pot with 99 on a low flop, next hand AQspades make a standard preflop raise from middle position, get re-poped by the big blind who is shortish but will hurt me if i dont win! i call - he filps AQhearts and proceeds to flush me out!!

I will definatley be taking a break from the game after the WACOP, just so i can re-discover my love for the game (which has never really been a doubt), and to give my CAT a rest!!

Robbie
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club