Author Topic: APAT Online Series - Dutch Open  (Read 9829 times)

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
Re: APAT Online Series - Dutch Open
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 11:41:19 AM »

Thursday I go out when my AQ comes up against AK.

Tonight I go out when my AK comes up against AQ and the board comes TJ859 for the straight.

Doesn"t matter which way I look at it, I"m running bad, still.

GL to all left in.

it doesnt help when u go all in on the bb with 16BB left at 75/150 with KQo after i standard raise from the button. hero (aka me) calls with A9 only for you to "run bad" and flop your K....not that im bitter leigh  ;)
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 14:34:04 PM »

Tonight I go out when my AK comes up against AQ and the board comes TJ859 for the straight.

GL to all left in.

it doesnt help when u go all in on the bb with 16BB left at 75/150 with KQo after i standard raise from the button. hero (aka me) calls with A9 only for you to "run bad" and flop your K....not that im bitter leigh  ;)

Had you down as trying to nick the blinds, which bearing in mind you had A9, wasn"t such a bad read.  A9 os v KQ (sooted mind you) is not such a bad position to be in.

When you compare it to the hands I mentioned in my original post :-

AQ v AK, I"m behind and made a push and would have been really lucky to get out of that one.

AK v AQ, I"m ahead and as the cards come down, the only thing going to save him was a 9 on the river and he got it.  That"s poker.

Maybe I shouldn"t say I"m running bad at the moment, perhaps I need to stop putting my tournament life on the line with marginal hands like AK and AQ.

Then again, your call with A9 tells me you might have done the same as me.  ;)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 19:23:52 PM »
Did anyone get a list of the finishing positions of the final tablists?  It will save us waiting until later this week for the results from Blue Square.

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 19:30:00 PM »
sorry Des forgot the names of the winner and second but I was third.
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 19:36:57 PM »
Nice one Linda.  Has Richard finished building that trophy cabinet yet for all your medals ?

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 19:52:48 PM »

Nice one Linda.  Has Richard finished building that trophy cabinet yet for all your medals ?

LOL, i wish
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »

GL to all left in.

Had you down as trying to nick the blinds, which bearing in mind you had A9, wasn"t such a bad read.  A9 os v KQ (sooted mind you) is not such a bad position to be in.

When you compare it to the hands I mentioned in my original post :-

AQ v AK, I"m behind and made a push and would have been really lucky to get out of that one.

AK v AQ, I"m ahead and as the cards come down, the only thing going to save him was a 9 on the river and he got it.  That"s poker.

Maybe I shouldn"t say I"m running bad at the moment, perhaps I need to stop putting my tournament life on the line with marginal hands like AK and AQ.

Then again, your call with A9 tells me you might have done the same as me.  ;)

ur KQ was not soooted! anyway, i put you puttin me on a steal lol! I felt an all in in that spot was one that didnt want called. I put you on what you had, a worse ace, or a small pair where we were racing, it was gettin to that time and ur right i would prob have done the same. maybe owen "tradesman" had already put me on tilt with some outrgaeous plays!  :o i guess its just the poker gods rarely seem to favour hands when they"re ahead....AK has been killin me recently, i need to stop playin it like its aces.  :-[ wp anyway  :)
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"