Author Topic: Training Sites  (Read 3492 times)

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Training Sites
« on: December 09, 2008, 17:05:28 PM »
Hi all, anybody subscribe to any training sites cardrunners, deuces cracked etc are they worth the money do they offer good value.
I have been playing Poker about 1 Year mainly on Sky small stakes Sngs £2 £5 and the odd tournament.
I have made a profit playing at these small stakes (£1700) according to sharkscope but instead of building a roll have been withdrawing funds for treats, ps3, new tv and other stuff  I would never of bought out of normal income.
I have decided to leave Sky for the momment and build a roll from $200 deposit on pokerstars and try to take the game a bit more seriously ie try and build a decent roll and in 1 year hopefully have that £1700 back in the account.
I am currently playing $13 SNGs on Pokerstars (better value than Sky) imo and am up to $600 after 1 month.
The question is Would these training sites be of help playing at these stakes ? or Should I just use the 2 buy ins it would cost to play the game.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. 
Got stuck in a rut playing Sky and the traffic was not as quick as Pokerstars this started  when the double your money games appeared (hate them).

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: Training Sites
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 17:27:11 PM »
Nice results Erimus, WP.

I have only "actual" experience of RealPokerTraining.com which I simply wouldn"t recommend. I got a 6 month free trial and found it terrible.

PokerVT gets a good name (the sample vids on there are good too), I acquired some Stox Poker vids and found them to be very decent too but CardRunners are apparently the ones to go with - they"re very highly recommended by those I know have an account. They"ve been kind enough to give us some samples on here - see http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 21:57:45 PM »
I don"t have the roll yet to subscribe to these sites, but I think I"d view a subscription as an investment at some point.  If it will improve your knowledge to the extent that you"ll earn more than you pay, it"s certainly worth going for, same with books, magazine subs and the like.  Mind you, you seem to be doing pretty well at the moment...!
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 00:03:45 AM »
I will have the time soon to make the make of these sort of training sorts which will be nice, I would hate to be paying a subscription to such a site and then never have the time to make the most of the avble features.

Would like to see a post from someone who has access to a few of the training sites if not just one and get their perspective of things, is cardrunners really the only way to go?
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

TheAngryGambler

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »
cardrunners are fantastic, i have just taken a few month break from poker but back to the grind prob jan and will be purchasing once more.

they have video"s for every level every game type and every situation, really helps you understand what some people are doing (and makes you pull a few moves sometimes missplaced lol)

poker-X-factor are supposed to be good aswell.

P.s    if u go on you tube some videos are posted on there
The urge to gamble is so universal and its practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil.

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 02:35:50 AM »
I have a few friends who swear by CardRunners. They are all profitable players and say a lot of it is down to the videos and the subscription pays for itself over and over.

I heard Stox Poker might be merging with CardRunners or might"ve already done so, so you might be able to get 2 for 1 soon. I"d defo say try it for a month at least and see if it"s for you - there"s a good few SnG videos i"ve watched on there that help...

Poker X Factor is the other biggie a lot of the online pros love...
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 16:27:15 PM »

Hi all, anybody subscribe to any training sites cardrunners, deuces cracked etc are they worth the money do they offer good value.
I have been playing Poker about 1 Year mainly on Sky small stakes Sngs £2 £5 and the odd tournament.
I have made a profit playing at these small stakes (£1700) according to sharkscope but instead of building a roll have been withdrawing funds for treats, ps3, new tv and other stuff  I would never of bought out of normal income.
I have decided to leave Sky for the momment and build a roll from $200 deposit on pokerstars and try to take the game a bit more seriously ie try and build a decent roll and in 1 year hopefully have that £1700 back in the account.
I am currently playing $13 SNGs on Pokerstars (better value than Sky) imo and am up to $600 after 1 month.
The question is Would these training sites be of help playing at these stakes ? or Should I just use the 2 buy ins it would cost to play the game.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. 
Got stuck in a rut playing Sky and the traffic was not as quick as Pokerstars this started  when the double your money games appeared (hate them).

By the sound of it Erimus you may have a natural flare for the lower level sng"s,if i was you i would keep on building your bankroll at these levels and look to move up in 3 to 4 months [i assume you mean the $13 six man sngs on stars] try and get your roll to around $1300 , more the better,and then move upto $20 9 man sngs and 6 max $25 sngs and just keep on building.
PokerXfactor have sheets [eric haber] doing all the sng strategy and he puts in a lot of work with the sng guys on this forum [pxf sng leagues,lots of q+a videos recorded and live by aim sometimes,strategy vids etc] advice on ranges equity icm etc etc,and anyone into sngs cant fail to learn from the best sng player in the world.[PXF also have there own sng chat forum and study group]

regards
noble