Author Topic: CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER  (Read 2398 times)

daveyb147

• Silver Member
CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER
« on: May 10, 2009, 23:24:24 PM »
WHY OH WHY LOL,,THIS HAS HAPPENED IN AT LEAST 4 APAT TOURNEYS,,BL SQ IS SHOCKING,,,,DISCONNECTED IN NAT LGE AFTER 3 HOURS PLAY,,,DONT GET THIS PROBLEM ON ANY OTHER SITE I PLAY,,,AND I SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE (LINZIWAN),,,,LETS MOVE SITES LOL !!!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 23:33:19 PM »
Davey, I would strongly recommend contacting Blue Square Support with the problem.

I think a number of players have at least got their reg fee back if it is a Blue Square problem.

Worth a try anyway.

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 15:46:11 PM »
thanks for the suggestion,,i did ring them at the time and asked why i keep getting disconnected,,he said it was something to do with "pinging" lol  ,,,wotever that maybe lol,,,i asked was it their fault or my server and he said it was not necessarily either,,,so i am none the wiser,,,problem started about 6 months ago,,,i have to uninstall and then download again,virtually everytime i play,,,so frustrating,,,was sitting with a decent stack at the time and had been lookin forward to it all day,,,oh well,,,try again next time i guess !!!!!

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 18:16:34 PM »

thanks for the suggestion,,i did ring them at the time and asked why i keep getting disconnected,,he said it was something to do with "pinging" lol  ,,,wotever that maybe lol,,,

Try this ...

Go to Start > Run

When small window appears type "cmd" then click OK

After C:\Documents and Settings\(name)> type "ping www.google.co.uk -n 30" then hit return

What you need to pay attention to is the numbers after the "time=" area. If some are above "250" or "timed out", it"s more likely to be a pinging problem right enough.

Do you use a hard-wired or wireless Internet connection? Wireless causes more pinging-related problems. As does a cheap nasty ISP-provided router without auto-redial facilities.

Who is your Broadband Provider? If Pipex / Tiscali / AOL or TalkTalk (who are soon to be the same), it"s a well documented problem on here.

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 15:42:21 PM »
im with sky,,,and not wireless,,,,thanks for the advice ,will try that out.

GR8TFL0P

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 19:36:51 PM »
If this helps?
I am with sky and had the same problems wire and wireless at the start (loss conections about 10/15 times a night always around 9pm on) spoke to support and after a longish time it was sorted and has been brill ever since (no loss of connection ever).

To start you need to get them to monitor your line for 48hrs. Will search emails if you need more help.

Had to go through all the norm - plug into main line ++++++++++++++ but bare with it its worth it

Mark

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 14:58:56 PM »
thanks mark,,will give sky a call,,,,happened again last nite,,seems to be getting worse lol