Author Topic: Tonight's live game. (Hand Two)  (Read 5722 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Re: Tonight's live game. (Hand Two)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »
IMO you shove and squeeze out the 1st player

what"s better? Picking up utgs 1600 and the other 1600 for 3200 and raise your stack by almost 30% or raise a little and price in the 1st player who could be holding a medium to weak ace and hits (or in this scenario a flips a set of 7s)

I"m taking the 30% more to my stack by squeezing out the utg player and if the all in player hits a card to better me it"s only cost me 800 chips more  

Come to think of it I don"t think the original utg raiser would call off most of his chips with 77 with 2 players all in

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
We"ve got KK and we"re afraid of him hitting his weak A or a set? Enjoy your min-cashes.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
Don"t be results orientated. The call with 77 bad if he"s just set mining. I would shove but this is because I also shove the bottom of my range. If I suddenly re raise to 4200 it looks uber strong. Just unlucky. Re checking to see what you"re opponent would do, it"s live poker so he"ll obv check it back anyway
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 23:28:53 PM »
this is just a no-brainer, there is no post flop poker to be played with 14bbs etc so if you ever consider folding here you should play a different game.

don"t let the result of the hand determine the reasoning for a particular play. In fact don"t post results of a hand you want analysing as it affects responses you get
Looking forward to making my first day 2