Author Topic: Live Hand  (Read 3361 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Live Hand
« on: February 19, 2010, 22:25:24 PM »
Hand in a 40 man live tournament. 27 left Blinds 300/600. Average stack about 7k, my stack 11k. Recently moved to this table and was re raised pre flop off AQ from EP by the villain who showed pocket tens.
So once again early position look down at pocket eights, raise to 1500, call from MP and a call from the villain in the BB. Flop ten, five, five. two spades.
I bet 2500 early caller folds, BB tanks for a couple of minutes and pushes for 7.5k
What do I do here?
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Live Hand
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 22:33:49 PM »
so from a stack of 11k, you bet 1500 preflop and 2500 after the flop..... his shove for 7.5k leaves you with 5k to call.... and you"ve already invested 4k.... i think you"re committed to calling now.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 01:33:23 AM »
insta no brainer call....

has a flush draw and 1 over, you have to fade 12 outs prolly.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 02:34:44 AM »
Stack sizes are awkward, you"ve just shown the table you can raise fold from ep, where your range is supposed to be strongest so you"re even more likely to be repopped now. I open fold preflop in this spot. Jesus I"m a nit :-[
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »
Do we have ne reads on villain? Almost def still putting it in here tho as we r prob ahead of his range in this spot. As for pre, I think it"s fine. I"d actually prefer open shoving to open folding with given stack sizes, but I prob play it similar to u.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 17:33:36 PM »
As I said, I had folded AQ to him PF about 5 mins earlier, I raised a caller from MP and he pushed, I actually thought he was squeezing, and wanted to push but with another player still to act I folded and he showed pocket 10 s.
So as Steve says, I was pretty committed, and decided to call the push, my thoughts were poss flush draw, big ace or small PP, I felt I was ahead. He actually showed pocket 9 s , and I was pretty much felted !
Any thoughts on the way I played it?
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 07:42:20 AM »
not much you can with awkward stack sizes, just have to ride the waves and open shove every hand after you lose till you get your chips back  :)
Looking forward to making my first day 2

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 14:40:18 PM »
definite call. Especially after his 2 min tank and the amount already invested.
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
meh without knowing reads on opponents/table dynamics it is meh 88 ep [9 handed?] to how i"d play it mikey , its a ""depends situation"" :)
If u were on a aggressive table with lots of 3betting then raise hoping to get all in when 3bet is fine imo..
As played with 2 callers on the flop u get [and a awkward stack size,making cbetting difficult] then mostly if we cbet all we do is make villains fold any hand worse than your own... If i was u i"d be looking to find spots to double up or use this sorta stack to resteal... So back to flop , i"d check and give villains a chance to bluff and i"d go for a check raise all in , met even get some better hands to fold etc doing this [depending on flop texture,opponents etc]
Check fold in certain spots if u have a good read , after your cbet and bb check raises all in , if your instinct said u was beat then folding is fine imo [bugger the maths and crying calls in hope] u still have a stack size left that will at least give u the opportunity to hopefully build back up..
I dont know if this was the big blinds thought process but i like his check raise all in... :)

Meh meh your line of cbetting is ok if the table is fairly passive, if u had more reads then my answers met vary :) all ""DEPENDS""  ;)

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 20:09:54 PM »
Rhythm is a dancer.