Author Topic: Addition of two more levels  (Read 4683 times)

Lankylad

Addition of two more levels
« on: March 15, 2010, 16:36:40 PM »
OK sort of following on from the 13 minute blinds thread i would like to put forward this idea for the final improvement. I"ve posted this in another thread but didn"t want it getting bogged down by other chat or missed by anyone who may not read those threads!

Definately improved from the first week with the 13 min blind structure, so for me the icing on the cake would be the inclusion of two extra blind levels in the earlier stages. The early stage blinds as they are now is -

10/20
15/30
25/50
50/100
75/150
100/200
150/300

I would like to maybe see a 20/40 and a 30/60 (or even a 35/70) included in that so it would be as follows -

10/20
15/30
20/40
25/50
30/60
50/100
75/150

This would add a literal time of 26 mins with the inclusion of those two new levels, but wouldn"t have a massive overall effect on the finishing time. It also wouldn"t affect the blinds before or after the two new levels. I think it"s pretty close to being as good as it can get structure wise now, neither being a crapshoot or a tedious long drawn out game, but this would improve it even more without drastically changing the outcome of the tourney.

What does anyone else think? Or any other idea"s/feedback?
"When you're at the poker table and in a situation where you feel like it's stupid - where you feel you're jeopardising something you don't need to - it probably is stupid. So every time you feel like you're going to do something stupid, don't do it!" - Daniel Negreanu

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: Addition of two more levels
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 16:40:08 PM »
Like I keep saying, what is wrong with copying last years structure, it was pretty much spot on!!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 16:46:30 PM »
Tbh - I would far rather have extra levels at the later stages of tournements than at the early levels.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Lankylad

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 17:05:22 PM »

Tbh - I would far rather have extra levels at the later stages of tournements than at the early levels.

Well there would be a case for that aswell seeing as there should be more decent players left at that stage and it would give them more play against each other.

Any suggestions where in the later stages? Somewhere after 250/500?
"When you're at the poker table and in a situation where you feel like it's stupid - where you feel you're jeopardising something you don't need to - it probably is stupid. So every time you feel like you're going to do something stupid, don't do it!" - Daniel Negreanu

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 17:14:18 PM »
plo flips

Jeffers

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:11:58 AM »
To be honest I"m not sure if I"m a fan of having more levels involved, as the tournament finishes late enough on a Sunday night at the moment anyway. If we keep tinkering with levels we could be looking at it finishing in the early hours of a Monday morning.
Gotta be in it to win it!

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:18 AM »

Like I keep saying, what is wrong with copying last years structure, it was pretty much spot on!!!

+1