Author Topic: S4 WCOAP - Player of the Championships - Discussion  (Read 17691 times)

rudders

• Silver Member
Re: WCOAP - Player of the Championships - Discussion
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 23:51:15 PM »

After a bit of deep discussion and thought, the scoring will remain as first announced.

The Team Championships, and Pro League for that matter, are considered separate events to the rest of the WCOAP schedule and therefore will not be included in any "Player of the Championships" rankings.

It would not be right to potentially change the dynamics of the team event by including an element of individual reward in the form of POTC ranking points.

I will always accept the decisions made.

I do however find it difficult to accept that these competitions being considered as separate events when

a) they run at the same time , in  the same location
b) they are included in the same APAT World Championship Of Amateur Poker forum

I for one want to play for the team and potc would not affect my play especially as it is the first event I would be playing- later events may be affected if I have run well.

Come on guys "fairs fair"

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 23:57:10 PM »
Not arriving until Saturday night so have no bearing on this discussion - however just wanted to boost my post count

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 00:51:20 AM »
Not read most of this thread so excuse me if I"m barking up the wrong tree, but surely the team event can"t be included in the POTC standings as it"s not open to everyone.  Also there"s no Mexican team, so it"s nonsense anyway.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 07:29:19 AM »
Not disagreeing but stud and hu r no open to every either due to the team event running. More than happy either way. Just eager to get started now :)
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »
FWIW the honour of playing for your national side should far out way any personal gain, so just think yourself fortunate you have been selected to play for your country, many of us are sat at work extremely envious of you lucky few! Incidently it would be interesting to see how many would have put their names forward to represent their country if this prize had been announced prior to the selection process. Just playing devils advocate.
Well done APAT and well done Betfair.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2010, 09:09:57 AM »

FWIW the honour of playing for your national side should far out way any personal gain, so just think yourself fortunate you have been selected to play for your country, many of us are sat at work extremely envious of you lucky few! Incidently it would be interesting to see how many would have put their names forward to represent their country if this prize had been announced prior to the selection process. Just playing devils advocate.

+1
Mary Kivlin

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 11:51:01 AM »

+2  PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME ..... I wanna play for England again  ;D
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 12:34:42 PM »
just play the evets you are entered into to the best of your ability and if you win something at the end of it is a bonus.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

DrMarbles

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 13:42:12 PM »
Think Warbwastad has it right - giving points for the team event means the potential winning of points is determined by the captain"s selections, which isn"t a fair way for someone to win POTC.

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 02:37:02 AM »
Which completely ignores the fact that we can"t gain points in the HU or the Stud because we"re in the team event.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 03:52:07 AM »
Substitutes are allowed in the team event...please pick me/don"t sub me coz I"m trying to win the POC LOL

APAT have got this one right IMO. If there"s enough feeling about it then run the team event seperately next year.

England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2010, 09:16:01 AM »
Honestly can"t believe people who have had the good fortune and honour to be selected for their Country are bleating!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013