Author Topic: HU PLO River Spot  (Read 3458 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
HU PLO River Spot
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »
Confused about river action:

***** Hand History for Game 2382272022 ***** (IPoker)
$50.00 USD PL Omaha - Saturday, August 07, 12:42:38 ET 2010
Table Foyil (No DP Heads Up) (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Seat 3: Hero ( $163.36 USD )
Seat 8: Villain ( $88.06 USD )
Villain posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
Hero posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero[  Th Tc 2c 5h ]
Villain raises [$1.25 USD]
Hero raises [$4.00 USD]
Villain calls [$3.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, 6h, 7s ]
Hero bets [$6.75 USD]
Villain calls [$6.75 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8c ]
Hero bets [$17.50 USD]
Villain calls [$17.50 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
Hero....

Really aggro dynamic in this match!  Villain folded to 3bets a bit too much so I have been 3 betting a LOT.  Dnt really like 3b"n this hand, but curious about other streets.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: HU PLO River Spot
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
I don"t play HU PLO but....

I don"t mind the raise esp if the V has been a little passive but your hand is pretty awful for PLO and it didn"t really improve that much on the flop. Oh, you have a flush draw but you have no idea whether it"s good.

I think the flop bet is OK but OOP I"m probably going to be check-calling after he calls on a very wet flop.

The turn is even worse...I prefer to call a pot bet than make one...same difference.

River...well, you got what you wanted...you have the 3rd nuts which is usually not good in PLO but HU might be good enough...I dunno.

V has about a pot bet left (if I can add)...I put out a 1/2 pot bet which could be either a value bet or a blocker.

As played, bet and call a re-raise...and hope!

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »

I don"t play HU PLO but....

I don"t mind the raise esp if the V has been a little passive but your hand is pretty awful for PLO and it didn"t really improve that much on the flop. Oh, you have a flush draw but you have no idea whether it"s good.

I think the flop bet is OK but OOP I"m probably going to be check-calling after he calls on a very wet flop.

The turn is even worse...I prefer to call a pot bet than make one...same difference.

River...well, you got what you wanted...you have the 3rd nuts which is usually not good in PLO but HU might be good enough...I dunno.

V has about a pot bet left (if I can add)...I put out a 1/2 pot bet which could be either a value bet or a blocker.

As played, bet and call a re-raise...and hope!

I have all kinds of blockers hence the aggro line on flop and turn.  Its hard for villain to have the nuts before the river.  Id actually far rather barrell a blank river.

Part of me thinks blocker-bet/call might actually be reasonable but I cnt decide...

Edit: As far as the hand goes - obv I wouldnt play it f/r or 6max, but HU betting-lead/blockers, etc are more important than actual hand strength.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:50:12 AM by Marty719 »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »

I have all kinds of blockers hence the aggro line on flop and turn.  Its hard for villain to have the nuts before the river.  Id actually far rather barrell a blank river.

Part of me thinks blocker-bet/call might actually be reasonable but I cnt decide...

You have a couple of blockers rather than "all kinds" because you don"t know what hearts he has but I see what you are saying.

You"re OOP and he doesn"t have to have the nuts before the river..he just has to have a hand that"s better than TT...and he could easily have this...he could have a straight or set here and is waiting for you to hang yourself on a blank river.

Or he could have been playing a combo-draw with straight and flush possibilities..in fact, they we he"s played would tend to confirm this...assuming he"s not a complete donkey.

Like I said, I don"t play HU PLO and perhaps aggro is the way to go but my tendency...especially on this board would to be check call rather than raise.

Different styles I guess and very read dependent.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
c/f>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>c/c on this board. He def folds sets and baby straights on this river as played.  Blank rivers differ slightly for his calling range, but pretty sure he folds 35xx and calls w/ any better.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:01:37 PM by Marty719 »

GarethC

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 18:00:48 PM »
If you bet it has to be to bet/call - you"re unlikely to get called by worse, only reason to bet is to induce a bluff.

If you check, he"s probably going to check back all straights and sets for showdown value. If he does bet, he probably has a flush, and it"s probably going to be better than yours.

Basically comes down to gameflow and what you think he"s capable of. If you think he"ll never turn a made hand into a bluff on this board then just check/fold. If you think he"s bat**** crazy then bet/call. If it"s got to a point in the match where he thinks he can start value betting really thin then check/call.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 18:53:29 PM »
Pre flop HU

Not many opponents are gonna fold to a raise unless they have real garbage. So im probably just limping and calling a pre flop bet even oop  Villan probably has a pair of JJ + the way it"s played but i think the best line here is either c/c or c/r if you think your flush draw is good and try to get it in. (I am a wee bit spewy on PLO Flush draws)

But it also depends in the villan, have you seen him bet out/raise on nut flush draws or call/fold if his draws miss?

As played I"d probably just check call all the way down but I wouldve limped to keep the lot smaller as PLO is far too swingy imo

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 20:07:28 PM »
put a bra on your head Marty ;) works wonders especially live...