Author Topic: Forum connection problems  (Read 11878 times)

sharky_uk

• Bronze Member
Re: Forum connection problems
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\webs\apat.com\html\forum\Sources\Subs.php on line 321

This has not improved and seems to be getting worse!

The forum is becoming almost unusable now!

Maybe it"s time to consider changing the hosting company as throwing logs on the server doesn"t appear to be working.....

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »
I agree.

I"ve never found EasySpace to be worth their salt as web hosts. As a web developer with over 50 clients on Host Europe hosting and email packages for over 8 years, I can recommend them and would be willing to assist in the transfer without charge. And, hoping that I"m not offending any other APATer, I would happily offer the service at cost price (significantly less than the £240 per year Host Europe would charge you if you went to them directly).

Interested?

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »
I have to agree, there does seem to be a problem with being able to view the forum, I consistently have to copy what I have typed as it regularly times out and I lose everything.

Would be good to be able to view at more speed and reliability.

Mary Kivlin

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 10:38:22 AM »

Today is definitely the worst I"ve experienced so far. I"m even having time to do work whilst moving between threads.......  :D

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »
Me too - if by "work" you mean donking off chips in Cash Games.

The irony ... it"s taken me over two hours to get logged in to this "Forum Connection Problems" thread.

It"s not just the forum pages that are returning error messages - I"ve been timing out on the website from 10:30 this morning too which indicates a Hosting problem.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 13:00:54 PM by lukybugur »

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2007, 13:13:07 PM »

Me too - if by "work" you mean donking off chips in Cash Games.

No Neil, I mean actual work, writing software - let me assure you, it"s a shock to the system !

At this rate I just might have to ask for a raise  :D

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2007, 14:33:07 PM »
lol - I was going to post that it doesn"t seem worse but it definitely hasn"t got better.

However after 4 attempts at replying in this manner I thought I should change it :)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2007, 15:27:16 PM »
I believe that a move is in the works.  Obviously necessary, as it"s not usable in its current state.  I"m not a techie, but I don"t think the problem is necessarily the hosting company, but is rather a problem with the server setup in terms of the database.

Might be wrong though.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2007, 17:55:33 PM »
Some of the time I have had problems with the Forum pages only, which would indicate a problem with the Forum set up / forum corruption.

Mostly though, the PHP pages of the website also take some time to appear during these problem periods which leads me to believe that it"s the server that"s running slow and not just the database part of the website.

If anyone experiences problems with the forum again, please take a note of the following non-PHP address and paste it into your browser"s address bar. If the .doc file appears it"s likely to be a problem with the PHP and / or database. If it doesn"t appear, it"s a problem on the server itself;

http://www.apat.com/Press/Gareth%20Ower%20Wins%20European%20Amateur%20Championship.doc

If more of us can keep an eye on this and report back on here that"d be most helpful. Unless of course Des et al already know what"s going on ... ?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 17:57:58 PM by lukybugur »

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2007, 19:32:34 PM »
Most of the time it"s a connection error, or something to do with consecutive connections - which would suggest a database server issue.

Whatever it is, it definitely needs sorting.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2007, 13:08:01 PM »
Yes, this is driving me nuts at the moment. 

There are a number of IT initiatives being looked at for 2008, and a move to our own dedicated server is scheduled as part of those developments.  Ideally, I would like everything launched at the same time, but we may have to move on the server sooner rather than later.   Thanks for the hosting offers Mark and Neil, I will pass them to Aidan for his consideration.

Apologies to everyone in the meantime while we seek a solution.

Des.