Author Topic: ruling query  (Read 3358 times)

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
ruling query
« on: October 28, 2011, 22:01:04 PM »
Last night....interesting situation popped up..if you were the TD who gets the pot?

£30 fo...I"m hu in a pot...we get to the river...I"m in position and show my lowly 2nd pair on a 4 flush board after being checked to me...fully expecting to lose...wasn"t a massive pot...oppo puts his cards face down....dealer slides the pot to me...

Fun starts now....my oppo grabs the chips n says its his pot....eh?.says I...you mucked?

At this he turns over his hand,which although it was clear they were his cards,one of those cards had touched the burn cards...he had a flush....I asked for a ruling.....
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: ruling query
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 23:00:48 PM »
You lose....if his hand is clearly identifiable it"s live. The muck does not have magic powers to kill a hand*.

Basically you got slowrolled....perhaps not deliberately but that"s what happened.

*unless the house rules dictate otherwise
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 23:17:53 PM »
Agree with Paulie, although his slowroll is awful, and I think you are more than entitled to tell him

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 23:46:59 PM »
What little I know is that if he only placed his cards face down then they are still live until the player either says fold or pushes them, however slightly away towards the mucked cards...
Harsh way to get beat - but was his flush a weak one and he had just presumed you had a strong one and then realised that he had won once he had seen your cards..
I think he was about to fold as he seen your cards,that is more likely the case and then the rules were to his advantage even though I really think he had mucked..
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 00:03:23 AM »
oops you lose - sorry

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 12:34:33 PM »
Player in question although harmless...is annoying...earlier he was warned about talking of his mucked hands whilst action was still taking place...and I don"t think he was intentional on slowrolling...he is just very excitable,n makes mistakes..

I win the pot...TD maybe influenced over earlier nonsense decided he had intended to muck his cards,released them thus dead...

Later on in the ft.....I"m all in...in a raised pot...raiser debating to call...he starts declaring his hand,which gives my oppo info...I got v rattled at this....had to tell him to stfu...harmless but annoying....
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 13:05:49 PM »

he had intended to muck his cards,released them thus dead...

No, No, No....cards are not dead until they are buried in the muck. If they are clearly identifiable...they are live.

Terrible decision.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”