Author Topic: Season Six - National Online League - Captain's  (Read 44937 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Season Six - National Online League - Captain's
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 21:12:16 PM »

I nominate Phil TC for the North East England Team as hes been around longer than me.
I would be more than happy to do it if he doesnt want it and will continue to get the lads from Hetton and the old Blunderland team to play either way.
44 members from the Clubs homegame ready to post on the Team thread when required  ;D

Thanks Alan.  I believe Phil may be in retirement with Stuart having taken over the reins at Stockton. That said happy to see who posts their interest on this thread.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 21:17:12 PM »

I"d be happy to be considered for scotland. ;)

Paul would get my vote for Scotland, he`s done a great job for Glasgow

Why thank you sir ;)

+ 1 instrumental in our victory last year ,

all this talk is making me miss it already lol , but must think Uni Uni Uni , for this year anyway lol

Shame you can"t keep going mate, but i"m sure you will be back with a bang after you graduate uni ;)
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 21:22:47 PM »
Would be happy to be considered for East of England!  :)
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 21:23:28 PM »
Reading the teams suddenly brings home no Luton!

Can"t hide my disappointment at this, but realise the world doesn"t evolve around it!

Need to choose a team to play for and I guess it"ll be East of England as I live in Peterborough? If we are using the same ethos of nearest club/region
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 16:01:21 PM by Waz1892 »
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 21:26:29 PM »

Would be happy to be considered for East of England!  :)

Many thanks Jo.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 21:27:48 PM »

Reading the teams suddenly belongs home no Luton!

Can"t hide my disappointment at this, but realise the world doesn"t evolve around it!

Need to choose a team to play for and I guess it"ll be East of England as I live in Peterborough? If we are using the same ethos of nearest club/region

You did a great job there Waz and remember while LPC will not compete in the S6 National Online League, the club still exists on the forum and you can still organise club nights etc.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 21:31:23 PM »

Surely the numbers have been crunched based on the players in each team last season. therefore all ex Luton players should be able to be in the same team, assuming they want to of course, presumably L&HC?

We can"t have all the WM players staying as is, but we have to disband?
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 21:34:56 PM »

You did a great job there Waz and remember while LPC will not compete in the S6 National Online League, the club still exists on the forum and you can still organise club nights etc.

This is true and I"m sure Richard, myself and the rest the team will continue in the vain.

My "issue" is I live in Peterborough so my region would be east of england which goes against where most of Luton will end up I suspect in home counties/London- which is proper gutting
Carpe Diem

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 21:38:42 PM »

This is true and I"m sure Richard, myself and the rest the team will continue in the vain.

My "issue" is I live in Peterborough so my region would be east of england which goes against where most of Luton will end up I suspect in home counties/London- which is proper gutting

We are not going to be tying people to a border Waz, you were captain of Luton in previous leagues - if you want to play with the Region that Luton has been absorbed into, please do.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 21:46:58 PM »

Surely the numbers have been crunched based on the players in each team last season. therefore all ex Luton players should be able to be in the same team, assuming they want to of course, presumably L&HC?

We can"t have all the WM players staying as is, but we have to disband?

You"re living in the past Richard. The Luton team doesn"t exist. Move on and make the most of your new team.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 21:51:18 PM »

We are not going to be tying people to a border Waz, you were captain of Luton in previous leagues - if you want to play with the Region that Luton has been absorbed into, please do.

I do wish to 100%, but I didnt wish to go against what you"re trying to do with the regions in I assume getting local people to play for there local region.
Carpe Diem

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 22:00:18 PM »

I do wish to 100%, but I didnt wish to go against what you"re trying to do with the regions in I assume getting local people to play for there local region.

Getting people to play for their local region is the big picture.  We expect and will be accepting of some anomolies.  Your case is a good example.  

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 22:03:06 PM »
what does being a captain entail?

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 22:03:57 PM »
Home counties and London it is then, as if your happy then I"m comfy with that.

And we have a great potential captain too!
Carpe Diem

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 22:27:01 PM »

what does being a captain entail?

Organising your players to ensure they are aware of upcoming matches, league positions etc.  Encouraging player recruitment through your group.  There is a strategic side also, you may want to target players from specific Regions who are ahead in the League etc.