Author Topic: Season Six - National Online League - Captain's  (Read 45009 times)

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
Re: Season Six - National Online League - Captain's
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 22:28:22 PM »

what does being a captain entail?

Organising your players to ensure they are aware of upcoming matches, league positions etc.  Encouraging player recruitment through your group.  There is a strategic side also, you may want to target players from specific Regions who are ahead in the League etc.

Hey des.. no coaching. lol :P
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

kohan

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 22:50:27 PM »

Reading the teams suddenly belongs home no Luton!

Can"t hide my disappointment at this, but realise the world doesn"t evolve around it!

Need to choose a team to play for and I guess it"ll be East of England as I live in Peterborough? If we are using the same ethos of nearest club/region

hi des i would like to play for the irish team  as i have permanent addresses in london and also dundalk  as i have business interest in both countries  & i would love to see frank Bailie  as captain  as his position in the apat rankings thoroughly deserve the honour  
You did a great job there Waz and remember while LPC will not compete in the S6 National Online League, the club still exists on the forum and you can still organise club nights etc.

This is true and I"m sure Richard, myself and the rest the team will continue in the vain.

My "issue" is I live in Peterborough so my region would be east of england which goes against where most of Luton will end up I suspect in home counties/London- which is proper gutting

We are not going to be tying people to a border Waz, you were captain of Luton in previous leagues - if you want to play with the Region that Luton has been absorbed into, please do.
2013 wcoap  heads up bronze medalist
2013 home internatiols team event silver medalist
2014  online english silver medalist
2015  wcoap team event silver medalist
2016  wcoap  7 card stud silver medalist
2016european c/ships bronze medalist
2017  uk team c/ship  gold medalist

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 22:52:36 PM »

Can"t hide my disappointment at this, but realise the world doesn"t evolve around it!

Need to choose a team to play for and I guess it"ll be East of England as I live in Peterborough? If we are using the same ethos of nearest club/region

You did a great job there Waz and remember while LPC will not compete in the S6 National Online League, the club still exists on the forum and you can still organise club nights etc.

This is true and I"m sure Richard, myself and the rest the team will continue in the vain.

My "issue" is I live in Peterborough so my region would be east of england which goes against where most of Luton will end up I suspect in home counties/London- which is proper gutting

We are not going to be tying people to a border Waz, you were captain of Luton in previous leagues - if you want to play with the Region that Luton has been absorbed into, please do.

hi des i would like to play for the irish team  as i have permanent addresses in london and also dundalk  as i have business interest in both countries  & i would love to see frank Bailie  as captain  as his position in the apat rankings thoroughly deserve the honour  

That sounds fine to me Kevin.  I"ll wait to see whether Frank puts his name forward.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 23:04:12 PM »
Kevin is a fine man - but he can"t quote for toffee  ;D

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 23:06:25 PM »

Kevin is a fine man - but he can"t quote for toffee  ;D

lolol.  

kohan

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 23:18:35 PM »
hi des i wish to play for irish team  as i have permanent addresses in both london and dundalk  as i have business interest in both places as i am a publican, i played for the dublin team last season  and i would nominate frank Bailie as captain  as i believe his high rankings over last couple of seasons  is deserving of the honour,  so come on frank put your name down for captaincy

kohan

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 23:22:30 PM »
very true ger  i struggle on the computer   at the best of times

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 08:29:56 AM »
Pleases consider me for captain for the best county in England "YORKSHIRE"

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 08:51:14 AM »

2nd this a Wayne plays live in Leeds a fair bit and hopefully will be able to recruit a few from the Gala.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 09:14:32 AM »

+1 on both counts, Wayne for Captain and the fact that Yorkshire is the best county in Englandshire.

SCOTLAND FTW  ;D

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »

Many thanks Wayne.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »

I nominate Phil TC for the North East England Team as hes been around longer than me.
I would be more than happy to do it if he doesnt want it and will continue to get the lads from Hetton and the old Blunderland team to play either way.
44 members from the Clubs homegame ready to post on the Team thread when required  ;D

Thanks Alan.  I believe Phil may be in retirement with Stuart having taken over the reins at Stockton. That said happy to see who posts their interest on this thread.

Cheers Al and much appreciated mate, I am officially in captaincy retirement for this season though as Des mentions.

I will be 100% behind the new North East captain whether it be Al or Stu if he throws his name into the hat or the Newcastle captain if they are interested.... who"d have thought a Newcastle / Sunderland / Boro alliance  :P

We will be a force to be reckoned with I"m sure. Can"t wait for the season to start x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »

Surely the numbers have been crunched based on the players in each team last season. therefore all ex Luton players should be able to be in the same team, assuming they want to of course, presumably L&HC?

We can"t have all the WM players staying as is, but we have to disband?

You"re living in the past Richard. The Luton team doesn"t exist. Move on and make the most of your new team.

In the best interests of APAT and our new sponsor, I"ll tell you what I think of this post to your face, when I see you next!
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »

Surely the numbers have been crunched based on the players in each team last season. therefore all ex Luton players should be able to be in the same team, assuming they want to of course, presumably L&HC?

You"re living in the past Richard. The Luton team doesn"t exist. Move on and make the most of your new team.

In the best interests of APAT and our new sponsor, I"ll tell you what I think of this post to your face, when I see you next!

Gents - honestly!  Handbags wouldn"t appear amiss...

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 12:28:03 PM »

Gents - honestly!  Handbags wouldn"t appear amiss...

new APAT side event maybe?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341