Author Topic: structure of new pokerstars online league?  (Read 32360 times)

Rpokerj

Re: structure of new pokerstars online league?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 00:11:27 AM »
Well, new return to APAT, didn"t really kick off with it, now it"s on stars, and i"ve met a few people, this year sounds good :)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 01:45:52 AM »
 Idk, i would of though 6pm was too early (if its gonna be 1 hr late reg then maybe 6 is ok) I didnt know that there was ever a problem with 8pm, which it has been for the last few seasons i think.

The ironic thing is that the OP set up this thread asking if there would be enough play for good poker, looks like most people are worried that its going to go on for too long.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:53:40 AM by WYoung83 »

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 02:19:32 AM »
Start at 7 pm
1hr late reg!
Out by 8.30 pm
The usual for me lol

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 06:59:25 AM »
I have put my name down to be one of the captains, the one drawback I considered was the time of the games finishing. I too get up at 6.00 am for work but as a captain I would be expected to stay with the game to the end or until the last Yorkshire man/women are out. This is something which will be impossible for me to do week in week out. A 7.00 start would help or a rethink on starting stack and clock.  

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »

I have put my name down to be one of the captains, the one drawback I considered was the time of the games finishing. I too get up at 6.00 am for work but as a captain I would be expected to stay with the game to the end or until the last Yorkshire man/women are out. This is something which will be impossible for me to do week in week out. A 7.00 start would help or a rethink on starting stack and clock. 

Wayne, you would be a good captain and the fact you are thinking about these things now proves it. You don"t have to rail to the end to be a good captain. It"s more about the support you give at other times, emails, recruitment, promotion of APAT, facebook pages and so on.

For what it"s worth 8pm is too late for me also. 6 or 7 would be fine.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 10:54:52 AM »

Idk, i would of though 6pm was too early (if its gonna be 1 hr late reg then maybe 6 is ok) I didnt know that there was ever a problem with 8pm, which it has been for the last few seasons i think.

The ironic thing is that the OP set up this thread asking if there would be enough play for good poker, looks like most people are worried that its going to go on for too long.

I don"t think anyone is worried about the tourney"s going on too long - more about the fact that the very late finish may alienate those people that have to get up early for work on a Monday morning, and we may see numbers drop off as a result (we definitely want to avoid that!!). Earlier start ftw, and it"s all good.  6pm with a late reg, and I suspect the tourney would be done by 1am - still late, but way better than 3am.

8pm worked well on 888 with the shallower quicker structure - we have a much deeper and better structure with Pokerstars - just need to make sure we use it to please as many people as possible therefore keeping the numbers as high as we can.

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »
I would say start at 6 o clock for this one especially if 1 hour late reg . 8 o clock is far to late. I could easily see 300 + runners for this and some people have to go to work on monday morning . The earlier it starts the more players it will suit i reckon .

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:30 AM »
7 is too early for me, 6 is even worse, but if there is a one hour late reg and ive got the kids settled for the night then 7 is fine with the late reg.  6 is just a nightmare.

I think the same discussion came up last year about having an earlier start but 8pm remained the kickoff time and it worked, there were always plenty of players and usually it was 1am finish or thereabouts.

APAT always welcomes discussions tho on these things and will take everything that is said on board and make a decision that best reflects everyone.
Mary Kivlin

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 11:05:08 AM »
I think you should all stop moaning and thank Des for setting up a great tournament.

If it doesn"t suit you to play at 8pm then why should this be changed just to suit you? Rules are rules and it needs to be clear for everyone and consistent.

You are all just being negative and should accept what Des has decided.

^^^^^^^
It"s a joke ffs.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »

7 is too early for me, 6 is even worse, but if there is a one hour late reg and ive got the kids settled for the night then 7 is fine with the late reg.  6 is just a nightmare.

I think the same discussion came up last year about having an earlier start but 8pm remained the kickoff time and it worked, there were always plenty of players and usually it was 1am finish or thereabouts.

APAT always welcomes discussions tho on these things and will take everything that is said on board and make a decision that best reflects everyone.

There will be differences from last year

5k starting stack instead of 3k
15 minute levels instead of 12/13 minutes
Everyone in one league, so an increase in runner

However, it will be run on a stable pokerstars platform, so that should improve the speed a bit.

I"m sure Stars will be able to give a pretty accurate likely finishing time for whatever structure is agreed and if necessary that could be adjusted to meet a midnight or 1am finish.

Once they"ve adjusted for Andy Overton and the APAT nit factor, of course.   ;D

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »
7pm with a 60 min late reg FTW!!!  Can still see me using the new App on my IPad though whilst tucked up in bed if it does go into the wee hours  ;D

Oh and I hope the observer chat works, so we can rail (p###) take our fellow team mates/opposition  ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:11:51 AM by fandango »
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 11:08:09 AM »

I think you should all stop moaning and thank Des for setting up a great tournament.

If it doesn"t suit you to play at 8pm then why should this be changed just to suit you? Rules are rules and it needs to be clear for everyone and consistent.

^^^^^^^
It"s a joke ffs.

I laughed.  I feel childish now.  It was wrong of me to laugh.  Sorry everyone.   ;)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 11:08:51 AM »

7pm with a 60 min late reg FTW!!!  Can still see me using the new App on my IPad though whilst tucked up in bed if it does go into the wee hours  ;D

A beautiful thought for everyone to have on a Friday.   ;D

ck1888

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 11:09:26 AM »

^^^^^^^
It"s a joke ffs.

Took me a while to get this but i got there  8)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:11:17 AM by Chipaccrual »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"