Author Topic: structure of new pokerstars online league?  (Read 32362 times)

Buffenberger

• Bronze Member
structure of new pokerstars online league?
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:50:17 AM »
hi there , im not very good at negotiating my way around this site but I cant see the structure for the upcoming online league to be held on pokertstars.i just hope it will lend itself to some decent poker play and will involve enough chips and decent blind levels so as to be a non punty game in which over a ten week period good play will out.thanks for any replies in advance and apologies if the structure is already here.regards.

Buffenberger

• Bronze Member
Re: structure of new pokerstars online league?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:58:08 AM »
have found structure 5000 chips 15 min blinds 15 games.awesome.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 13:05:59 PM »
there shouldnt be any arguments from anyone in this. Much better structure than in the past.

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 13:09:31 PM »
I don"t like it! heehee just kidding, love the structure. Allows for plenty of play
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Mahound

• Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 16:04:29 PM »

I don"t like it! heehee just kidding, love the structure. Allows for plenty of play

Allows plenty of time for play unless you have to got to work at 6 in the morning.
Luckily i don"t.
IMO I think that some thought to changing the start  earlier and reducing the starting stack to 3000 would be a good thing.

How many will want to start a game? When with over 200 runners you could be looking at a 2:00 finish.

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 16:14:26 PM »

Allows plenty of time for play unless you have to got to work at 6 in the morning.
Luckily i don"t.
IMO I think that some thought to changing the start  earlier and reducing the starting stack to 3000 would be a good thing.

How many will want to start a game? When with over 200 runners you could be looking at a 2:00 finish.

Plenty i  hope ;) more money for me  :P
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 16:21:38 PM »
I"ll play first week and see how it goes but fear it will probably finish pretty late if it is standard stars structure starting at 8 with 5k chips starting.

Finishing at 2am Sunday morning when up early for work is why I rarely play at all on Sundays anymore.

Maybe with late Reg for an hour, consideration should be given to an earlier start?
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 16:26:25 PM »
I love deep slow structures, so this is great.

Some games will go on to 2am+ which is not great if you have work the following day. However most of us will be done by midnight which isn"t too bad.

Have to say that an 8pm start is a bit late for a Sunday. Given the structure and an hour late reg, no reason why these should not kick off at 7 instead. Even the majors on stars kick off earlier than 8.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 18:10:41 PM »

Some games will go on to 2am+ which is not great if you have work the following day. However most of us will be done by midnight which isn"t too bad.

Have to say that an 8pm start is a bit late for a Sunday. Given the structure and an hour late reg, no reason why these should not kick off at 7 instead. Even the majors on stars kick off earlier than 8.

that"s pretty much what I was thinking
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 19:05:53 PM »

that"s pretty much what I was thinking

+1 to this as well. Cant think of any reason why a 7pm start on a Sunday would cause problems.  Should also lead to more people railing the FT as well.
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 22:17:38 PM »
Didn"t want to post on here for fear of being seen to be negative to what is undoubtedly a great structure for a great league, and huge for a low buy in event..... however, having to get up at 6am on Mondays is why I don"t play any big Sunday tourneys any more, and if this one is gonna run til 2am+, I may have to count myself out (sadly).

Agree with other posts - 8pm is an unnecessarily late start.... 7pm, or even earlier would help muchly.

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 23:19:20 PM »
I posted on the other thread that a 200 runner tourney will take about 6 -6.5hrs, I have just had another look and see that stars have a diff structure for 15 min blinds and the APAT tourneys (with 200 runners) are probably going to take just over 7 hours ~ eg a 3am+ finish time.

For this reason I am in agreement with the majority above who want an earlier start, say 7pm with 1hr late reg (or even 6:30pm with a 120 min late reg?)
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

jolly67

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 23:37:44 PM »
I love the look of the structure,but finish time could be as late as 3am(depending on numbers) Starting at 6pm, for me, would be more sensible.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 23:56:01 PM »
 Starting at 6 is too early. And no point in 120 min Late reg because it wont really make much difference to numbers. Password protected for the tourny remember so most people will have entered in on time anyway.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 00:00:27 AM »

Starting at 6 is too early.

for whom?