Author Topic: Which Regional Team Can I Play For?  (Read 73651 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Which Regional Team Can I Play For?
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2012, 21:00:44 PM »

des as much as i love you i think this is a bit wrong
people living in englandshire wont be able to win the seat in the scotish team for the worlds
bit unfair IMHO

now if i was to die and end up in hell rather than hevean you telling me i would have to play for
london rather than my natrual hevean and scotland?

Any Scottish player can win a place in the Scottish International team Iron, that"s not in question at all.  To not allow that would be very wrong IMO and there is no precedent in any sport or game as far as I know.

On your second point, you"re living deep in one of the coldest parts of Scotland.  You qualify on all fronts for Scotland.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2012, 21:10:10 PM »

This thread is just awful. I cannot say I am surprised.

I think the APAT guys have set up a stunning on-line series with some great add-on prizes to boot. With regards to the Team events - they made a decision based on fairness to each individual player by trying to balance the "Team event" numbers to promote balance across the "regions" so each "individual" still has a fair chance in the team comp to win equal to the stake they enter with.

And what is returned - aggressive, nationalistic, petty squabbling cliques.... Is this the APAT ethos....
I was talking to someone about APAT and they stated that APAT players were ignorant to newcomers and very clique.

From my limited experience I cannot really disagree with that perception, with the exception of a few people, this my experience thus far.

Regardless, each to there own.

However I implore the APAT guys to keep the "play where you live rule" in place - it adds clarity but more important if it offers fairness to each person who invests their time and money in this series thats more important. This seems much better than the school playground metality of "If I can"t play for my country / with my friends I won"t play". And just maybe you"ll actually enjoy making new friends  I feel better now.  :)

I don"t think it has in anyway turned aggressive tbh!?!

To pick up on the newcomers part i agree with that. With the exception of the guys in team glasgow and a select few, i felt a bit alienated to start with and still do on some fronts. I think a lot of what is written is either misread or taken out of context which has led to some, for want of a better word, dismissive or putdown replies. And recently witnessed quite nasty and threatening exchanges (not involving myself).  What APAT needs is some sort of live meeting or tour of some kind for everyone to get to know each other a little better.  ::) :P
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2012, 21:15:08 PM »
Not meaning to change the subject or anything, but I"ve a serious question here. 

Oreos...is it better to dunk them in a glass of milk or a cup of tea?

Thanking you in advance.  As you were.

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2012, 21:15:50 PM »

I was talking to someone about APAT and they stated that APAT players were ignorant to newcomers and very clique.

From my limited experience I cannot really disagree with that perception, with the exception of a few people, this my experience thus far.

I strongly Disagree
The Apat community are very welcoming to players both old and new, and the decision makers at Apat are helpful and always have their members interests at heart.
I enjoy being known as an Apat member and wear my Apat shirt or hoodie with pride
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2012, 21:20:12 PM »

I strongly Disagree
The Apat community are very welcoming to players both old and new, and the decision makers at Apat are helpful and always have their members interests at heart.
I enjoy being known as an Apat member and wear my Apat shirt or hoodie with pride

I shall add to this. I"m a newcomer in relative terms. I"ve been welcomed with open arms, every table I"ve been at has been full of fun, laughter and smiles, as well as good banter. Every event I"ve been to I"ve met people I"ve never known but have heard of, and they have been extremely welcoming to me, as well as every other newcomer I"ve seen. Have been bought drinks by people I"ve just met and shared a magnificent time with so many in Vegas as well as other places.

APAT has helped me fall back in love with poker again, and that comes down to the people!

Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2012, 21:23:32 PM »

I have changed the team name to APAT Region Wales Team.. .. Or could be changed even to UK West, but then Ireland would join in I suppose..

Ahem, careful now ;D
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2012, 21:25:18 PM »

I strongly Disagree

First hand i have to disagree with that.... for instance when i made my memebr profile thread when i first joined not many people replied.. it now stands at 778 views and 6 replies!?! As my previous comment states some of the replies to other posts left a lot to be desired, granted that could be me misreading others as they misread me. I think there is a desire instinct to read something in a non-positive way when you don"t know someone or see how they are when they write it.

Now when i say this i do of course mean solely on the forum as i have met plenty of you and had a laugh at events and felt really welcome. ;)

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2012, 21:32:16 PM »
been watching this an amazement since getting back this afternoon , my own tupence worth,

Regions yes i understand what the aim was , but should have been made clear from the start - the living location rule.

saw a number of posts early on talking about the soft rule - players PICK there teams , and yea why not , is it that much of an issue to the odd few that someone from leeds who is scottish and has represented scotland at live events to play for a scottish REGIONAL team , i think not as is the same as me having no objection to Luton all palying for a similar team to keep together.

we worked reallly hard in Glasgow last season on buliding a team and getting a steady performance and in fact last night had numeros requests to be part of the new Scotland team ,not just from within APAT,  this whole thing seems to have tainted scotland as  have seen numerous snips at the team and one liners , spoiling the ethos of what we are about , and also not making a very good imperession on new player we have been bringing into the team from outside APAT in the last 24 hours.

From what I have seen today there were a couple of complaints - very quickly upheld (in my opinion)and ruling made maybe I have not seen all the complaints abbout the position , but sure i only seen a couple of complaints and this in my opinion is wrong , maybe a thread started to DISCUSS players feelings made before a ruling was applied.

Personaly I am embaressed that it has come to snipping over such an issue, but will as ever continue to support APAT in any final decision made and will continue to drive membership within in the scotland team.

there u go as i say just my tupence worth and probally not worth very much
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2012, 21:33:08 PM »

First hand i have to disagree with that.... for instance when i made my memebr profile thread when i first joined not many people replied.. it now stands at 778 views and 6 replies!?! As my previous comment states some of the replies to other posts left a lot to be desired, granted that could be me misreading others as they misread me. I think there is a desire instinct to read something in a non-positive way when you don"t know someone or see how they are when they write it.

Now when i say this i do of course mean solely on the forum as i have met plenty of you and had a laugh at events and felt really welcome. ;)
SOD OFF !
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2012, 21:35:06 PM »

been watching this an amazement since getting back this afternoon , my own tupence worth,

Regions yes i understand what the aim was , but should have been made clear from the start - the living location rule.

saw a number of posts early on talking about the soft rule - players PICK there teams , and yea why not , is it that much of an issue to the odd few that someone from leeds who is scottish and has represented scotland at live events to play for a scottish REGIONAL team , i think not as is the same as me having no objection to Luton all palying for a similar team to keep together.

we worked reallly hard in Glasgow last season on buliding a team and getting a steady performance and in fact last night had numeros requests to be part of the new Scotland team ,not just from within APAT,  this whole thing seems to have tainted scotland as  have seen numerous snips at the team and one liners , spoiling the ethos of what we are about , and also not making a very good imperession on new player we have been bringing into the team from outside APAT in the last 24 hours.

From what I have seen today there were a couple of complaints - very quickly upheld (in my opinion)and ruling made maybe I have not seen all the complaints abbout the position , but sure i only seen a couple of complaints and this in my opinion is wrong , maybe a thread started to DISCUSS players feelings made before a ruling was applied.

Personaly I am embaressed that it has come to snipping over such an issue, but will as ever continue to support APAT in any final decision made and will continue to drive membership within in the scotland team.

there u go as i say just my tupence worth and probally not worth very much

I"d say its worth.... tupence??  :D

Well said though, no matter what we will still continue to support and promote APAT ;)

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2012, 21:36:44 PM »

SOD OFF !

:D :D

We need new smileys... like a ****er one or suchlike.  :D :D

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2012, 21:41:49 PM »
Everyone has had plenty of opportunity to have their say now so can I suggest that this thread is left while we resolve the couple of outstanding queries.  I"m going to lock it for that reason and would appreciate if you could all work with me in calling it a night on this topic.  My discussions with the players named above are still ongoing so I will post the updated position in the morning.  The other thing for you all to bear in mind is that this thread will be viewed by all potential sponsors of APAT, and it doesn"t reflect well on us at the moment.  It has the potential to cost us live events.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Re: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2012, 22:29:36 PM »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

rudders

• Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2012, 00:16:01 AM »
Well done APAT! thank you!
Well done Pokerstars! thank you!

Feels like being at home with a bunch of kids.... you do something nice- having put a lot of thought, time and effort ( not to mention money) and there is something to complain about.

Heres what I say - a lot of thought has gone in to this - try just saying thankyou - not thankyou ,, but,, just thankyou and appreciate what you have been given, instead of whinging about how it is not perfect for you.

sigh that is all

xxx

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2012, 02:27:10 AM »

Well done APAT! thank you!
Well done Pokerstars! thank you!

Feels like being at home with a bunch of kids.... you do something nice- having put a lot of thought, time and effort ( not to mention money) and there is something to complain about.

Heres what I say - a lot of thought has gone in to this - try just saying thankyou - not thankyou ,, but,, just thankyou and appreciate what you have been given, instead of whinging about how it is not perfect for you.

sigh that is all

+ 1

Well done again apat!
And thank you lol

xxx