Author Topic: Rule Clarifications  (Read 19338 times)

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
Re: Rule Clarifications
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »

Look up the town where you live on Wikipedia. In the light blue box on the right hand side it tells you which region it is in. Wiki"s regions match ours so you shouldn"t go far wrong with that.

Muchas muchas ...
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 11:08:46 AM »

Look up the town where you live on Wikipedia. In the light blue box on the right hand side it tells you which region it is in. Wiki"s regions match ours so you shouldn"t go far wrong with that.

Its not perfect though Andy... this is where I used to live

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarm

Has the Region as "North East" but actually for "ceremonial purposes is in the county of North Yorkshire". Glad I moved over the other side of the river (literally a few hundred yards) a few years ago now officially "North East" on both counts.. not that I wouldn"t want to play for Yorkshire of course. Wonderful place x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 12:18:43 PM »
"Ceremonial" normally relates to "historical" - I assume Wiki"s list of regions are based on current administrative boundaries so should probably still be right even when they disagree like this.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Jonffm

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
Assuming it"s OK I play for the South West? Grew up their and lived there for most my life (Poole), but am currently in the military and am regularly moving around. I do however have a permanent address where I am whenever i"m on leave that is in the south west and have my pokerstars account listed there.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »

Assuming it"s OK I play for the South West? Grew up their and lived there for most my life (Poole), but am currently in the military and am regularly moving around. I do however have a permanent address where I am whenever i"m on leave that is in the south west and have my pokerstars account listed there.

That"s fine Jon.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Jonffm

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:35 PM »
Cheers, thought i"d make sure!

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 20:33:26 PM »
To be honest I"m not sure if it even matters, but is there any reason why most of Team Europe aren"t disclosing their surname ? If it doesn"t matter so be it, just vaguely curious...  :)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 20:35:31 PM »

To be honest I"m not sure if it even matters, but is there any reason why most of Team Europe aren"t disclosing their surname ? If it doesn"t matter so be it, just vaguely curious...  :)

I was consulted about this prior to it occuring and agreed based on the request details.  Would be good if we can leave it there.   :)
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy