Author Topic: William Hill English Amateur Championship - On Sale  (Read 27883 times)

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Re: William Hill English Amateur Championship - On Sale
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 21:10:19 PM »
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT

Jordania

• Bronze Member
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 21:17:24 PM »

So how can Donna get a seat? She has spent the last hour registering an account. WH does not work on Macs therefore i registered another account via my pc.

She then deposited £82.50 only to find out this cannot be used to reg for Coventry because i am already in.

WTF this is a holding tank for a live event!

You now need to get a good friend or relative that will buy her in from her account on their ip address. I had to get my daughter to do mine.

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 21:24:08 PM »
Thanks

Would do if we had that choice!!

Looks like she will have to spend her weekend watching- Shame we already booked the hotel- JOKE

Jordania

• Bronze Member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 21:26:47 PM »
Can you not do it from a work computer? Failing that I have a friend that could do it for her if you dont mind giving them the log in details. He is trustworthy and I will stand by that.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 21:29:33 PM »
As there seems to be a number of seats still available, can"t Will Hill manually enter the people with the IP problems ?

After all, the tournament is not actually going to run.  I can understand why they have the IP check in place to try and reduce collusion etc,  but for this particular tourney it"s pointless.

Jordania

• Bronze Member
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 21:33:21 PM »
Would be a nice solution for Donna and anyone else that tried to reg tonight from same ip address.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 21:38:47 PM »

Would be a nice solution for Donna and anyone else that tried to reg tonight from same ip address.

I agree.  There"s nothing more frustrating than seeing genuine people that want to play an APAT event and can"t because of technical stuff.

I"m sure Des and the team feel the same about it.  Fingers crossed it can get sorted out.

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 21:42:29 PM »
In :)

Now to sort out the rest on payday. Oooo thats tomorrow :)
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 21:47:00 PM »

Thanks

Looks like she will have to spend her weekend watching- Shame we already booked the hotel- JOKE

i"d have done it for you but unfortunately i bought in tonight too
Looking forward to making my first day 2

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 21:56:54 PM »

As there seems to be a number of seats still available, can"t Will Hill manually enter the people with the IP problems ?

After all, the tournament is not actually going to run.  I can understand why they have the IP check in place to try and reduce collusion etc,  but for this particular tourney it"s pointless.
[/quote)
I have spent 2 hours with online support trying to sort this out for Donna.

In the end the manager could only be sarcastic as he ran out of patience. This is not a good advert for our new sponsor.

I am now totally frustrated. I love APAT and have made the effort to book a hotel and am willing to travel when there are tournaments on my doorstep with a similar structure.

I am even beginning to wonder whether it"s worth the effort.  :(

One way to get round it could be using your laptop"s wifi to tether to a mobile phone broadcast - or go to the local hotel?
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 21:57:21 PM »

Thanks

i"d have done it for you but unfortunately i bought in tonight too

Cheers mate appreciate the thought

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 22:01:29 PM »
Just had a look at holding tank but can"t see my name rivertaff4, qualified in the £20 one. Can someone help please.
The Green Deal Wales - www.thegreendealwales.com

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 22:02:20 PM »

You would think so. Though i have just spent 2 hours with online support. The manager there ended up resorting to sarcasm which is a little worrying to say the least.

We love APAT and everything  it stands for. We travel and stay overnight when there is a tournament on our doorstep with a similar structure.

Nights like tonight don"t help at all and i don"t think our new partner understands that or gives a ****.  :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 22:04:12 PM by lucasj37 »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 22:03:53 PM »

You would think so. Though i have just spent 2 hours with online support. The manager there ended up resorting to sarcasm which is a little worrying to say the least.

We love APAT and everything  it stands for. We travel and stay overnight when there is a tournament on our doorstep with a similar structure.

Nights like tonight don"t help at all and i don"t think our new partner understands that at all or gives a ****.  :(

I have a "dongle" if you want I can buy in for you - if you PM the details.

That"s if you trust me  8)