Author Topic: APAT Czech Republic Open  (Read 20820 times)

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
Re: APAT Czech Republic Open
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 10:15:10 AM »
Grrrrr.. wish some of my hands would hold up.  Kept being reraised off pots, so with blinds of 100 / 50, had a button raiser (again).... to 300 - I pushed with my last 1700 all in from the BB with A 10o- button raiser decides that QJo is enough to call....
of course the flop comes 10 ---- Q.....  and me out of the tournament early again.

Be careful fish my luck will change   ;)
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:10 AM »

Out already.

Sat on  :2s: :as:, raise utg.  Folds round to BB who has  6h qh, who calls.

Flop comes  :3h: 4h 5c

BB, pushes all-in for his 9k stack.  I have about 4k.  Flopped a straight, got to call is my thought.

To be fair he had an open ended straight draw and a flush draw, but 9k all-in with about 900 in the pot on a drawing hand.

And then no comment from him afterwards.  I say "lucky hand and gl all" and he says "yeah".

Well I hope "theJPF" you make good use of my chips.

Always Saturday I suppose.

Good luck to those left in.

Leigh

He was a very slight favourite on the flop (against your hand).  So his push does sort of make sense - as does your call. 

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Trademans

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 14:00:53 PM »

Grrrrr.. wish some of my hands would hold up.  Kept being reraised off pots, so with blinds of 100 / 50, had a button raiser (again).... to 300 - I pushed with my last 1700 all in from the BB with A 10o- button raiser decides that QJo is enough to call....
of course the flop comes 10 ---- Q.....  and me out of the tournament early again.

Yeah sorry about that!  I didnt respect your raise from the BB and had the chips so went for it!

Was an excellent tourney.  Got my first FT and a nice little bronze medal to go with it.  Wp all......

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2008, 14:48:54 PM »

Yeah sorry about that!  I didnt respect your raise from the BB and had the chips so went for it!

Was an excellent tourney.  Got my first FT and a nice little bronze medal to go with it.  Wp all......

Linzi - there"s not a lot you can do against luckboxes like that!  

(On a different note, I think I blanked you at the weekend.  I think you said hello as you walked past and being a bloke it took me a few seconds to react as I was listening to another conversation as well.  My apologies).

ashhen

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 14:55:40 PM »

yet another frustrating online game.  Had just under the average stack but less than 10 BB after just under 2 hours play, so had to push with QQ only for the AK to hit a K on the river.
Still think the blind levels are too quick at 12 mins. 15 mins please.

GL everyone still in. CYA Saturday.

I suspect that was me. I certainly rivered a K to beat QQ against someone.

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 15:06:33 PM »
Thats ok Kin - men can normally only do one thing at a time  ;D
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 15:13:00 PM »

Thats ok Kin - men can normally only do one thing at a time  ;D

I struggle with that.

BobbyMorton

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 15:51:55 PM »
Very pleased with my first Apat victory and my second final Apat table in a row where I finished sixth last time.Looking forward to the next game see you all Saturday
Telmison4 at Bluesquare
thebestthere  at 888

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 16:57:23 PM »
Did everyone go mad about 10pm last night? My table turned into a push fest and saw my 10k demolished firstly by the bloke who won in cardiff. Taking 7.5k with his 88 against my AQ, then i thought it was come back time when i got AK in the BB 2 hands later. SB pushes, i call, i remember that A5 is the hand to have!!! Out 40th ish?

Did it calm down a bit after the 400/800 level?

Class

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 18:13:25 PM »
The "all in push fest" began roughly when the blinds hit the 400/200 mark. Every hand was push or fold.  ???

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 18:58:03 PM »

The "all in push fest" began roughly when the blinds hit the 400/200 mark. Every hand was push or fold.  ???

Every tournament is going to have a period when its push or fold, reason people are playing tighter than ever, and somewhere along the line it has to move on. Its a great tournament now with 4000 chips and a 12 finish is ideal for a school night IMO..

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 19:15:08 PM »
It seems that the consenses is that the current format of 4,000 chips and a 12 min clock is the way to go.
Personally I would prefer a 15 min clock to allow for a little more play as you get into push or fold mode after about an hour and half. I went out at about 9.50pm last night after beening forced to push with QQ when my M was around the 7 mark and the blinds about to go up again.
I"ve said this a few times before, so here we go again. I get up at 5.15am for work and cant see the problem with an after midnight finish as its only once a fortnight not two or three times a week.

Can we at least have the 5,000/15 mins structure back for the Saturday comps. please.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

Trademans

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 21:25:00 PM »

Nah but makes a change from the brummie boy doing it  ;)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2008, 22:39:55 PM »

Yeah, don"t who you"re talking about, but I agree.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2008, 22:45:38 PM »

Yeah, don"t who you"re talking about, but I agree just so i can keep my post count up to expectations..

FYP  ;)