Author Topic: Match Structure  (Read 95451 times)

deanp27

• Platinum Member
Re: Match 2 Structure
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2012, 21:10:39 PM »
not sure its necessarily the 12m 4k stack. It just seems that some levels were taken out?
Looking forward to making my first day 2

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2012, 21:12:45 PM »

I assume all those complaining are out.

I"ll blame myself or the dealer for my exit.

The structure was spot on for a $11 team game

Well I wasn"t when I posted (am now).

But disagree, I think the structure does need a tweak - how can APAT attract casual players if after an hour it"s shove, shove, shove?

I and most other regulars will play regardless, but plenty of people don"t enjoy shove/fold poker and will be turned off if the perception is that the tournament is a crapshoot too soon.

new to APAT so have to agree with this......I dont really want to play in a tourney where Im in trouble if 1 mistake or outdraw is made within the first 20-30 mins......much rather be playing a Stars gtd tourney for same buy in.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2012, 21:13:35 PM »

not sure its necessarily the 12m 4k stack. It just seems that some levels were taken out?

Was that the case? I don"t remember last week"s structure, but I certainly had the same feeling that some levels were missing.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2012, 21:15:40 PM »

think Stars have different structures for 12m & 15m tourneys so unless stated in the set up by Des we would have just been put on the normal 12m structure

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2012, 21:15:56 PM »

Was that the case? I don"t remember last week"s structure, but I certainly had the same feeling that some levels were missing.

seems to be that to me. Can"t quite recall that structure either but thought there was 40/80 500/1000 etc last week
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2012, 21:16:22 PM »

The structure was spot on for a $11 team game

As I alluded to last week - if you think the buy in should affect the structure - you"d never get a 2 day deepstack live tournament for £75.

People will play because of the reasons I"ve said - and also in light of your comment, possibly also because they think it"s only a tenner so it doesn"t matter - but I don"t think it really reflects well on APAT if it stays like this.

good points - take out the $11 from my comment but I"ll leave the rest in.

Still a better structure than most stars tourneys. its more 90 mins than 1 hour before shove mode (unless you have an early accident or you like 4 bet jam bluffing)
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2012, 21:23:24 PM »

Still a better structure than most stars tourneys....

Really?

I just took a random sample (of, errr 1, the first NLHE I saw in the microtab)

For $4.40 buy in - 10 min levels, but after 2 hours of play (so level 12) the blinds are: 150/300 a40
In this $11 game - 12 min levels - so 2 hours of play (level 10)  the blinds are: 300/600 a50

(I put my working out there because I"m not ruling out that I might have missed something)

That"s quite a difference isn"t it?

I don"t pay too much attention to structure - but I do play a fair bit on stars, this "seemed" a lot quicker than the average non-turbo.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2012, 21:24:05 PM »
We"ll definitely take a look at this before match 3. APAT didn"t brief any level removals, so we"ll look at that carefully also.  Essentially we can have whatever tweaks that we want so let"s see how the event plays out tonight and take it from there. However do all remember that our online Championship events will be played out monthly on Saturday nights with a 5k stack and 15m blinds, so we will be catering for the true deep stack aficionados also.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2012, 21:34:18 PM »
 Its so hard to please everyone and find a balance inbetween. The final table last week was 7 handed for nearly 50 mins. This is way tighter than normal Every final table is different obv but id take last weeks structure over this one for sure.
How aout 15 min clock (exactly same as last week) but 4k stack then instead of 5K?

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2012, 21:36:07 PM »

We"ll definitely take a look at this before match 3. APAT didn"t brief any level removals, so we"ll look at that carefully also.  Essentially we can have whatever tweaks that we want so let"s see how the event plays out tonight and take it from there. However do all remember that our online Championship events will be played out monthly on Saturday nights with a 5k stack and 15m blinds, so we will be catering for the true deep stack aficionados also.

Just checked my HEM - looks like levels were the same.

Perception is a strange thing...
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2012, 21:38:02 PM »
All I have heard was complaints. If it was going to be changed it should have been done at the end of the season.
Tonight was a turbo.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2012, 21:40:20 PM »

Its so hard to please everyone and find a balance inbetween. The final table last week was 7 handed for nearly 50 mins. This is way tighter than normal Every final table is different obv but id take last weeks structure over this one for sure.
How aout 15 min clock (exactly same as last week) but 4k stack then instead of 5K?

Ultimately we need to finish around 1am, so we might be able to add more play early, but it"s going to squeeze somewhere....

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2012, 22:06:47 PM »

Still a better structure than most stars tourneys....

Really?

I just took a random sample (of, errr 1, the first NLHE I saw in the microtab)

For $4.40 buy in - 10 min levels, but after 2 hours of play (so level 12) the blinds are: 150/300 a40
In this $11 game - 12 min levels - so 2 hours of play (level 10)  the blinds are: 300/600 a50

(I put my working out there because I"m not ruling out that I might have missed something)

That"s quite a difference isn"t it?

I don"t pay too much attention to structure - but I do play a fair bit on stars, this "seemed" a lot quicker than the average non-turbo.

those 10 min level tourneys do have super smooth structures (10/20 then 15/30 then 20/40 then 30/60...). I picked a $2.75 and a $11 with 15 min levels and with 3K starting stacks you were in 20 BB territory after an hour which are worse than the APAT game.

I will ammend my "better than most stars structures" to "compares favourably with most stars structures"

either way - I still think the current structure is fine. I did post my disappointment about the last structure being changed, but accept the reasons for the new one.

I see that we are now down to 46 players with average stacks of just >20BB. This will probably come down by  points time and the tourney should be finished well before 12, so it does appear that we may be in need of a bit of a tweak. I reckon the 10 min level structure could be awesome (not 10 mins with this structure though)
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2012, 23:18:22 PM »

I thought the Online Champs events were 10k starting stacks...??

Quote from the relevant thread.... "The event will feature a £30 + £3 buy in and players will start with 10,000 chips on a 15 minute clock"

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2012, 23:20:20 PM »

I thought the Online Champs events were 10k starting stacks...??

Quote from the relevant thread.... "The event will feature a £30 + £3 buy in and players will start with 10,000 chips on a 15 minute clock"

My mistake, defo they have 10k...