Author Topic: Match Structure  (Read 95454 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: Match 2 Structure
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2012, 18:02:11 PM »
 The problem was not the starting stack, but people seemed to lock up a bit on the final imo. I didnt watch it all, but from what i seen they were 7 handed for 50 mins. And the next final table and the next after that will be just the same.

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2012, 18:14:11 PM »
Sensible, especially with the European team and the different time zones.

North London Poker Club
APAT Caribbean Poker Club
APAT South African Poker Club

http://www.logieontour.co.uk

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2012, 18:24:53 PM »

Sensible, especially with the European team and the different time zones.

+1
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2012, 18:40:33 PM »

The problem was not the starting stack, but people seemed to lock up a bit on the final imo. I didnt watch it all, but from what i seen they were 7 handed for 50 mins. And the next final table and the next after that will be just the same.

I think my chip stack went up 50% in those 50 mins despite never having a hand ... gimme gimme ...

L

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2012, 18:43:48 PM »

Well I went out 18th and from memory it was still pretty late.
People lock up on final tables in most tournaments, it"s just natural.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2012, 18:46:04 PM »

... This will consist of 4,000 starting chips and 12 minute blinds - a structure which is still deeper than PokerStars own deep stack structure. ...

I"ll readily admit it"s not important - but what Pokerstars tournament are you referring to?

The Pokerstars deep stack structure is 5k starting chips and 30 minute blinds. Isn"t it?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2012, 18:46:33 PM »

Seems sensible to me. I like a good structure as much as the next man, but being a league comp it needs to be as inclusive as possible to make it work to it"s fullest potential over the league period.

It"s still a good structure in my opinion.

^^This

Moocher

• Bronze Member
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2012, 18:51:03 PM »

Seems sensible to me. I like a good structure as much as the next man, but being a league comp it needs to be as inclusive as possible to make it work to it"s fullest potential over the league period.

It"s still a good structure in my opinion.

^^This

This +1
Call me Mooch

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2012, 18:57:50 PM »
 Still look foward to it and try and play every leg that i can obviously. Just think its a bit of a shame thats all.

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2012, 22:14:58 PM »
I think it is a pity that you have decided to change after only one competition.

The first week was excellent, and as previously quoted, the same players will probably not reach the final table.

Would much rather seen an hour taken off the start time, than quickening the clock.

Poor players love crapshoots. the better player will suceed more times with a slower structure that allows more play

WH1TEHORSE

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2012, 22:16:54 PM »
I was a massive fan of the structure last week and was kind of hoping the structure would remain for the rest of the season. However if these changes benefit the league and convince players to stay on and keep the numbers to remain over 500+, I will continue to support.
http://www.facebook.com/Wh1tehorse
http://www.twitter.com/Wh1tehorse
Pokerstars ID - WH1TEHORSE
William Hill ID - WH1TEHORSE1975

Avoid those nasty bad beats by always going all in with the worst hand!!

WH1TEHORSE

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2012, 22:36:13 PM »

... This will consist of 4,000 starting chips and 12 minute blinds - a structure which is still deeper than PokerStars own deep stack structure. ...

I"ll readily admit it"s not important - but what Pokerstars tournament are you referring to?

The Pokerstars deep stack structure is 5k starting chips and 30 minute blinds. Isn"t it?

Oh the joys of playing for 6 hours and min cashing for $20  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.facebook.com/Wh1tehorse
http://www.twitter.com/Wh1tehorse
Pokerstars ID - WH1TEHORSE
William Hill ID - WH1TEHORSE1975

Avoid those nasty bad beats by always going all in with the worst hand!!

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2012, 22:40:24 PM »
A couple of points to add.

The new structure will be far from a crapshoot. It remains an excellent structure which will offer a close to six hour tournament.

The second point is that part of what makes this league special is the railing and atmosphere created by team mates. This isn"t just about the players who reach the final table. It"s about a whole lot of others who would like to rail their team mates as the final result is being determined. The final table will not get that level of support at 3am but it may at midnight.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2012, 22:41:56 PM »

A couple of points to add.

The new structure will be far from a crapshoot. It remains an excellent structure which will offer a close to six hour tournament.

The second point is that part of what makes this league special is the railing and atmosphere created by team mates. This isn"t just about the players who reach the final table. It"s about a whole lot of others who would like to rail their team mates as the final result is being determined. The final table will not get that level of support at 3am but it may at midnight.

Spot on

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2012, 22:44:25 PM »

Massive +1 for me on this point, as i like to rail my team-mates and genuinely felt bad not railing Matt right until the end.

The new structure gives this aspect a much better chance of adding to the community involvement of the closing stages of the league game
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013