Author Topic: Week 2  (Read 13422 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Week 2
« on: March 16, 2012, 06:26:35 AM »
18th March, PokerStars 7pm (1 hour late reg) $10+$1

You can find the tournament in Tournaments/Private APAT National  Online League

Password: apatmember

Who"s playing

1PLAYTRASH1
AcesSteve111
Adicricket1
Blackbearpaw
Daz_Pro
daveburto
DodgerPL
Fribble3
galvo68
Horny Hob
I_LIIIKE47
Janc59
keaneo6
luciodog
nosey-p
oobilo
PL-AvonGirl
rejmak
Rhino951
sam2303
Walwyn
Waylander70
Wildcatdean
willow333hul
Yorksh1rePud
Zukertort

let me know if you don"t see your name
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 20:00:47 PM by nosey-p »

Dodger

Re: Week 2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 08:18:52 AM »
Really enjoyed playing this last week.
Really kept my concentration and feel I played well until an ""unlucky"" hand took me out just before the cashing levels.

On two hands in particular I folded JJ both times when a teammate standard raised.
I would have played on under normal circumstances...and would have won both hands.
Of course...I don"t know when others did likewise, so it could just be swings and roundabouts.
So I am from now on only going to be folding playable hands when it is obvious that it will affect the team...which surely has to be quite rare.

Looking forward to the next game.

ps. One bugging thought...if I go out to a team member (which we seemingly wish to avoid) then the overall team chip count remains the same. If I go out to an opposition the we lose out on those chips. So is there not an indication here that hands between team members in fact have no effect on the team overall as the chips stay with us ?!?

I just think overthinking the situation can lead to frustration, confusion and errors.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »

Really enjoyed playing this last week.
Really kept my concentration and feel I played well until an ""unlucky"" hand took me out just before the cashing levels.

On two hands in particular I folded JJ both times when a teammate standard raised.
I would have played on under normal circumstances...and would have won both hands.
Of course...I don"t know when others did likewise, so it could just be swings and roundabouts.
So I am from now on only going to be folding playable hands when it is obvious that it will affect the team...which surely has to be quite rare.

Looking forward to the next game.

ps. One bugging thought...if I go out to a team member (which we seemingly wish to avoid) then the overall team chip count remains the same. If I go out to an opposition the we lose out on those chips. So is there not an indication here that hands between team members in fact have no effect on the team overall as the chips stay with us ?!?

I just think overthinking the situation can lead to frustration, confusion and errors.

Stephen

Thank you for thinking of the team rather than yourself. It is team play like this that will win the league in the end. However if you think you have the best hand (be it a against a teammate or  anybody else) you play the hand as you see fit. As you reach the points bubble say around 40 down to 27 then this is when I would aspect people to keep an eye on the team position and maybe play different against them.

I would hope that teammates would not run bluffs against each other, so if a teammate plays back at you then hopefully they  will have the goods, but that does not mean that you cannot play back if you think you have the best hand (big hands will clash). I would hope we don"t get in the middle with hands like 46 v k9. If we find ourselves HU against each other I would expect for us to check it down.

Just because I would play like this does not mean all team players will play the same way. Some people could take advantage of this (Hopefully not)

I would prefer to have 2 players with 20k than 1 player with 40k

Hope this helps
Wayne              

zackf30

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »
I cant make this week but will be back next week, Good luck all. Hope you can get some points on the board.

daveburto

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
i will be playing good luck all

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
Just a reminder , tonight"s structure has been changed. It is now 4K starting stack and 12 minute blinds.  

Horny Hobbit

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 15:46:59 PM »
Im in this week:

Horny Hob on stars

Rhino951

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 15:52:32 PM »
My night night tonight playing for Yorkshire.

ID Rhino951

Yorkshire Pudding

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 18:56:09 PM »
Just registered, Yorksh1rePud

GL all

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 18:57:43 PM »
21 in so far, will update names at the frst break