Author Topic: Important query regarding Week 8  (Read 25135 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Important query regarding Week 8
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 17:28:39 PM »
It"s boring now  ::) let"s leave the teams debate for another day.  Preferably a snowy one.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 17:39:15 PM »

as for the suggestion that the teams are unfair , are we really going to go back down this route again , i thought it was discussed enough last time round

There speaketh a Scot!  :)

Must have seeing as there was no WINK , lol  Grin
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 19:03:01 PM »

As opinions have been requested, my view is that it is an entirely sensible rule. Interlopers are ignored and points are allocated to the highest-finishing 27 players who belong to teams. This is how it has been for several seasons and makes total sense to me. Suppose 12 non-registered players finished in the top 27 - should only 15 players receive points? It"s not hard to imagine the complaints if outsiders caused a team to lose crucial points in the last game of the season. I can"t see that keeping a standard number of points-scorers causes a problem, but I can see it being an issue if non-registered players were allowed to disrupt the game to the extent proposed.

100% agree with John

Just to clarify, the way the rule has been interpreted is the way it was meant when it was first written last season.

However, neither I nor any of the organisers had ever looked at it from the angle that Henry has, and to be honest, it does make a difference to the dynamic of the game around the points levels.

Impossible to change the rules halfway through, but one that I would hope would be looked at before the next league.

Agree with Leigh to a point. However, IF everyone keeps track of who the unregistered"s are then it"s easy to disregard them. I keep track of them, and have in the past let people in my team know if there are any unregistered left in the points so they can be mindful of them. It"s just another part of the game, like knowing who your team mates are and knowing which of the opposition are in the same teams etc.

Please don"t change the rule.

England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!