Author Topic: Important query regarding Week 8  (Read 25147 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Important query regarding Week 8
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 19:45:13 PM »

Even though you are in Team Scotland you can see quite how poor the rule is though?

Also that rule says nothing whatsoever about other players being moved up. Technically.

Henry - I believe it"s quite normal for any contestant to be bumped up in position should another get disqualified.  Your feedback is good, however I wouldn"t dilute it by pushing too hard!

Lol good feedback can"t be diluted. It stands on its own merit :)

Technically  ;)
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 19:45:55 PM »

Just to clarify, the way the rule has been interpreted is the way it was meant when it was first written last season.

However, neither I nor any of the organisers had ever looked at it from the angle that Henry has, and to be honest, it does make a difference to the dynamic of the game around the points levels.

Impossible to change the rules halfway through, but one that I would hope would be looked at before the next league.

Personally, this is my view also.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 21:08:08 PM »
As opinions have been requested, my view is that it is an entirely sensible rule. Interlopers are ignored and points are allocated to the highest-finishing 27 players who belong to teams. This is how it has been for several seasons and makes total sense to me. Suppose 12 non-registered players finished in the top 27 - should only 15 players receive points? It"s not hard to imagine the complaints if outsiders caused a team to lose crucial points in the last game of the season. I can"t see that keeping a standard number of points-scorers causes a problem, but I can see it being an issue if non-registered players were allowed to disrupt the game to the extent proposed.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 22:52:56 PM »
Just noticed player in 26th, Crisasharp, is noted as unregiestered. Defo should be EoE, registered before start of season (And is the Captain"s hubby!!)
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 22:56:25 PM »

Just noticed player in 26th, Crisasharp, is noted as unregiestered. Defo should be EoE, registered before start of season (And is the Captain"s hubby!!)

Thanks for letting us know Jo - I will ask Ian to update the match result with hubby"s score included!

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »
Scotland, Wales, I think it is time that we balanced the teams

Foggy for captain of ENGLAND

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 22:04:30 PM »

I came 15th this time and scored 7 points for myself but when I look on the individual leader board I am not even on it!! No point playing these things if we do not even get what we earn is their?

It clearly says at the top Standings after Week 7 - week 8 is not on there yet.

For whats it"s worth whilst I agree with Henry APAT definitely can"t change the rules so we just have to accept it. It"s not like Wales are not going to win anyway so it doesn"t matter really.

Scotland, Wales, I think it is time that we balanced the teams

I totally agree here, the two teams seem too strong, they always do well. This might have something to do with the excellent recruitment work done by the captains (Henry especially, credit where it is due) but players are more likely to bother playing for a team called Wales or Scotland than a team called "East of England" for example. The player base for Wales is largely from Cardiff and most never played for the old Cardiff club (again this is in no small part down to Henrys work but still).

Not sure what you do about this but I think allowing players to play for the place they come from rather than just where they live has something to do with it. We don"t want two superteams so maybe this should also be revisited when the rules are reviewed. Please note at the time of this post I am in a position to benefit from the rule I am suggesting changes but would like everybody to have an equal chance. Also Wales and Scotland are not international teams so there is no entitlement to play for them for the Welsh and the Scots.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 22:24:21 PM by AAroddersAA »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 22:27:56 PM »
Interesting thread - I am happy with the rules either way going forward - but not to change them mid season or retrospectively.

Only in weeks 1 and 4 were there no unregistered players in the points so this scenario has been waiting to happen.

Given that every week there will very likely be unregistered players in the tournament you need to factor it in.

For the people who are currently unregistered - is there a way to flag at registration that you need to register on www.apat.com in order for points to count and to be eligible for the value added prizes.

There is no incentive to not register - it"s just a potential loss to the player concerned.

Logistically is it possible for a message to be sent in the chat box across all the tables at the start of the tournament?

Is it reasonable for people to register for a team in the first hour of the tournament??

Better to flag/resolve during play rather than after?

L

galo5767

• Bronze Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 14:43:24 PM »
The fact is unregistered players have made the points on 5 or 6 occasions. I think that if this had been posted up after week 2 or 3, there would be a valid reason for change (as was done with the structure) but as we have just completed week 8, I think its a bit harsh to suggest we could maybe have a vote on wether to change the ruling and thus amend previous scores. Definitely something to discuss for next season tho.
2010 Southern European Online - Silver
2013 Scottish Online - Silver
2013 North American Online - Silver
2014 Welsh Online - Silver

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 15:30:51 PM »
I think now that it has been realised the unregistred player was actually registered , then it wont affect this game as the result would be ammended , but for the future i agree we are now more than halfway and any rule change should be applied before the start of the next run of games.

as for the suggestion that the teams are unfair , are we really going to go back down this route again , i thought it was discussed enough last time round
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 15:42:30 PM »

as for the suggestion that the teams are unfair , are we really going to go back down this route again , i thought it was discussed enough last time round

There speaketh a Scot!  :)

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 16:44:23 PM »

There speaketh a Scot!  :)

Steve I dont think a scot , has anything to do with it , it was discussed at great length at the begining of the season , and got a little boring to say the least.

Captains get recruiting if you want to compete ,Simples  I took Glasgow last year from 2/3 people each week playing regular to 20+ and results speak for themselves.

If its the case that  the whole country -team thing is what people think is unfair then so be it , lets go back to Glasgow,Edinburgh ,Dundee then

What then can people moan about Glasgow when they get consistant turnouts and continued recruitment producing consitant results!

:D
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 16:51:03 PM »
You must have missed the winky smiley Gerry ;)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 17:09:18 PM »
Ian has been back in touch regarding the scoring in match 8.  We are agreed that the rules were interpreted correctly in scoring the event and he also believes that Cris is not registered within the correct thread in the EoE board, so remains unregistered for match 8 unfortunately.

So there are no changes to the official result.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 17:25:19 PM »

lets go back to Glasgow,Edinburgh ,Dundee then

When these new teams start, will players originally from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Galashiels, etc still be able to play for those teams or will they be obliged to play for London, North-West, South-East, Wakefield.........?
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013