Author Topic: Cash game Live 1 & 1 table.  (Read 8371 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Cash game Live 1 & 1 table.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »

Careful Steve, you"ll put Noble out of a job!   I just wish I could calculate the odds like that on the fly whilst counting my chips at the table!

The alternative version. He was the straddle, and he"s eating chicken wings.. shove.

PMSL - not much chance of that. I still have to PM him when trying to work out some of the more complex stuff, and I am just no good at planning exponentially (or maybe I am just not as good as him).

Obviously the calculation is far to complex to do at the table and it assumes a fair bit as well, all of which may not be accurate. It does clearly show the correct play though (I may well have got it wrong myself). I always like to try and understand why something is right or wrong. I actually started out trying to prove everybody in this thread was wrong but ended up with the conclusion that they were right, so it was a worthwhile exercise. By doing this you kind of spot the situations whilst you are playing and become a lot more likely to make the right play. Reading these threads and trying to work out the best play is a very good way to learn.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 10:38:23 AM »
He was the straddle, and he"s eating chicken wings.. shove.

Based on the above plus the fact he"s sat with 400 bbs, along with Gers note that he asked you your stack size plus the maths. Ship it. For me his range is much wider than 99+ AQ+ in this spot and he"s eating chicken wings. You don"t get that kind of live tell online!

Also depends on how you feel about losing £143 if he does have you beat or you get unlucky?

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 03:19:58 AM »
 Think if you cared about loosing £143 then the stakes are too high for you as it only just about 150 BBs.
me personally never folding here, happy to 4 bet AIPF.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 17:56:14 PM »
Likely range is way wider than 99+ AQ+ : So insta shove

I think if you are going to fold JJ here then I would limp and set mine it.

How happy would you be if everyone folded pre flop?

Great hand - loose table - get them in the middle - give them the decision.

Occasionally you will be behind - often racing - sometimes against smaller pairs - sometimes against peoples" lucky hands - usually J9 (spew) - sometimes you pick up a great pot uncontested (because you are a preceived rock??)

L

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 18:02:33 PM »

Occasionally you will be behind - often racing - sometimes against smaller pairs - sometimes against peoples" lucky hands - usually J9 (spew) - sometimes you pick up a great pot uncontested (because you are a preceived rock??)

L

This.

And if you are afraid of shipping/racing for £143 then deffo just set mine.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 18:20:46 PM »

L

This.

And if you are afraid of shipping/racing for £143 then don"t play cash.

FYP
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 21:59:45 PM »
 Dont think ive ever known anyone to set mine with Jacks. This would be pretty terrible imo. This means you would have to put him on QQ+ exactly, and if it comes 10 high flop you are no putting another penny in? Good players would rarely peel here because the stack to pot ratio is just two shallow.

Just re read the op. His bet is the 4th bet because of the straddle. Your shove would be the 5th bet afaik.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 22:16:36 PM by WYoung83 »

Delboy

• Silver Member
  • Its not about the Poker
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 23:38:26 PM »

Dont think ive ever known anyone to set mine with Jacks. This would be pretty terrible imo. This means you would have to put him on QQ+ exactly, and if it comes 10 high flop you are no putting another penny in? Good players would rarely peel here because the stack to pot ratio is just two shallow.

Just re read the op. His bet is the 4th bet because of the straddle. Your shove would be the 5th bet afaik.

I dunno, I don"t think its that clear cut.

I agree we shouldn"t be set mining here but....

The villain"s range is wide so we are most probably in front here and on most flops. If the villain will c bet, and most likely barrel the turn there maybe value in calling with a view to bluff catching a couple of streets or shoving a wet but low flop. Takes balls though...

IDK, I would probably just shove, and then ask for more chips when he hits a small flush on the turn

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 01:39:38 AM »
Where they Spicy chicken wings ?
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy