Author Topic: Help the idiot...  (Read 4045 times)

clynd99

• Silver Member
Help the idiot...
« on: February 15, 2008, 13:27:52 PM »
I do poker me, on that tinternet.
Been playing for a few months, firstly on William Hill (because I had a sports betting account with them) and then with Pokerstars. So now, because Will Hill doesn"t have many large guarantee tourneys, and because Pokerstars is on the other side of the world, and most of their tourneys either start or run into the early hours of the morning, I have the bright idea of simply downloading every site I can think of off the top of my head. This way I can float around and pick and choose whatever tourneys around all these different places. After all, I"ve heard that Mansion have good gaurantee tourneys, and Party Poker has loads of satellites to events and whatever.....
My question refers to how it all works.
I"ve heard people talk about iPoker. Am I right in thinking this is a poker software or design used by certain sites? If so which ones?
I downloaded the WPT online poker room, only to find it"s exactly the same as Will Hill, with all the same tourneys and everything. Is this because they use the same software? And furthermore, if I was to register for a tourney on Will Hill, is it possible I"d be playing against someone who"d registered on WPT?
Are there any site which run independently on their own designed software? If so, which ones?
I"ve downloaded FT, Party Poker, Mansion, Paradise and DTD, does anyone think there are any others I should look into?
Sorry for being such an idiot, I have no clue about technology, and I"m only 24! My mobile phone is a tin can with a bit of string through it, the reception is terrible.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Help the idiot...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 13:32:55 PM »
There are a number of poker networks that are shared by multiple card room providers. For example, if you download and play at Blue Square, Titan, or Paddy Power, you are playing on the iPoker network..... if you are at Titan, you will see a blue table with Titan Poker scrawled across the middle, but someone else at your table may be logged in to Paddy Power and will be looking at a green table with PPP scrawled across it.

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 13:42:38 PM »
So does this mean that someone can enter the APAT online events without being on Blue Sq?
Is there a site with a database of what sites use what software?

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 13:51:25 PM »
No - the APAT tourneys are only available to those logged into iPoker via BSQ. Most of the tourneys are shared amongst all members of the network, but some (like APAT) are exclusive.

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 13:52:48 PM »

Is there a site with a database of what sites use what software?

This may help:

http://www.pokerscout.com/pokersites.aspx
How can you call that.... you should have bet more...... I was all-in...... well you should have had more to bet.