Author Topic: We should have a place to put our bad beat stories  (Read 11618 times)

biffa85

• Silver Member
Re: Could we have a place to put our bad beat stories
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 17:01:41 PM »
Since this debate has started, no one has addressed my original suggestion of a place for people from the APAT community to be able to regale our bad beats. 

I certainly would not wish to impose our miserable stories and our misery on the jaded APAT"er who wish to avoid hearing/reading them.

That is why I simply request a small nook to proffer and read, mine and others" darkest moments of our poker playing life.  Whether to do so for the merriment of others or even to purge them from our minds in order to return to rational decisions at the table.

.....Please Sir......Please

;)
Still learn the science and practicing the art

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: We should have a place to put our bad beat stories
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 17:16:00 PM »
More pressing than this- why have I got two  ad1 ad icons on my picture bar?
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 17:25:51 PM »
1.6%?  That"s not a bad beat.

Now I could tell you about a bad beat.... ;D
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 18:32:08 PM »

It wasn"t a bad beat story it was a story that happened to contain a bad beat. It wasn"t my fault it"s just how it was.

You did read it though didn"t you??

Go on admit it I won"t tell anyone. No one else is reading this thread anyway so they"ll never know. It"ll be between you, me and Biffa  ;)

Ha, no I really didn"t.  On a slight digression, are you an optician or just generally good at fixing things?

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 19:06:40 PM »
Its a little known fact that when the cast of Grange Hill recorded the single "Just say no" they were talking about bad beat stories not drugs
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 06:38:22 AM »

Since this debate has started, no one has addressed my original suggestion of a place for people from the APAT community to be able to regale our bad beats. 

I certainly would not wish to impose our miserable stories and our misery on the jaded APAT"er who wish to avoid hearing/reading them.

That is why I simply request a small nook to proffer and read, mine and others" darkest moments of our poker playing life.  Whether to do so for the merriment of others or even to purge them from our minds in order to return to rational decisions at the table.

;)

OK already... You win!!!

In future please post all Bad Beat Stories >>> HERE <<<
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:41:40 AM by RioRodent »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 10:30:28 AM »
 ;D

Love it!!!!

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 13:09:24 PM »

;)

OK already... You win!!!

I"m banned from that forum. I"d rather not go into the details.  

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 13:22:05 PM »

;)

OK already... You win!!!

Unfortunately, "details" was the name of a 6-year old golden retriever...

Digger

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 13:42:28 PM »
"Bad Beat Stories" should be put in the nearest bin along with Tikay"s beloved glasses!!!

Should have gone to Spec Savers Tikay  ;)

May be you should try Ultralase.......think how much younger you would look........18-30"s and all that  ;D
The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 14:28:19 PM »

;)

OK already... You win!!!

She was a Cocker Spaniel and 6 is 42 in dogs years anyway.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 14:49:39 PM »

;)

OK already... You win!!!

...your honour.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 15:17:40 PM »

;)

OK already... You win!!!

...your honour.

It was a difficult time for me..I was going through a divorce, I was drinking, I was lonely..I er..I....it.s..I...

So anyway, I was in the cut-off with K-K and shoved with my remaining ten big blinds, I was called by some idiot with K-Q...bloody Apaters love K-Q...he hits a straight of course and then spits in my face.  When I get back to my car someone has written Donk in the dirt on my bonnet and I also notice I"ve been walking around with my flies undone the whole day.  

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 18:35:20 PM »

;)

OK already... You win!!!

...your honour.

It was a difficult time for me..I was going through a divorce, I was drinking, I was lonely..I er..I....it.s..I...

So anyway, I was in the cut-off with K-K and shoved with my remaining ten big blinds, I was called by some idiot with K-Q...bloody Apaters love K-Q...he hits a straight of course and then spits in my face.  When I get back to my car someone has written Donk in the dirt on my bonnet and I also notice I"ve been walking around with my flies undone the whole day. 

Then "Details" came along and.....
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 18:52:55 PM »

;)

OK already... You win!!!

...your honour.

Then "Details" came along and.....

It was icey..it was December for Gods sakes.  I bent down to offer the tease dog some of my peanuts.  The nature of my fall caused the bitches hind legs to get caught in my woolly socks and the resulting struggle...well, I can see how it might have looked to the owner...and it looks to have ruined both of our lives. I understand the woman has completed her counseling now and has started talking again, but can you all see now why bad beat stories are best left untold?