Author Topic: WSOP Main Event Hand  (Read 4505 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
WSOP Main Event Hand
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: WSOP Main Event Hand
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
Why are we checking, we"ve spanked this flop hard?

If we are going with this we are probably going to have to go the whole way and there is a decent possibility we may end up with the 2nd nut flush.

I could find a fold given our stack but I"m a nit.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
Small blind is big stack villain on our right, we are Big Blind.

Small blind checks, we check, original raiser (cutoff) checks. Button bets, super stack villain raises and then onto us...

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »
Never folding, hate calling. 3betting would give opportunity for a 4b shove from the raiser which we just couldn"t call..... Seems like a good spot to ship it in... our shove should make AA/AK/KQ and two pair hands fold most of the time, we might get called by a NFD but we are ahead with the paired K and have two blockers. If called by a set, we have outs.  The pot is big enough against our stack size to make it a worthwhile risk.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »

Never folding, hate calling. 3betting would give opportunity for a 4b shove from the raiser which we just couldn"t call..... Seems like a good spot to ship it in... our shove should make AA/AK/KQ and two pair hands fold most of the time, we might get called by a NFD but we are ahead with the paired K and have two blockers. If called by a set, we have outs.  The pot is big enough against our stack size to make it a worthwhile risk.

Any raise we make now is a 4bet. Button bet, small blind raises, we re-re-raise.

Ship>4bet call?

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »

Small blind is big stack villain on our right, we are Big Blind.

Small blind checks, we check, original raiser (cutoff) checks. Button bets, super stack villain raises and then onto us...

This was probably in response to my now edited response where I hadn"t understood the seating.

I"m still confused by why we haven"t bet this flop but I guess will never know the actual player"s thinking.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »

Any raise we make now is a 4bet. Button bet, small blind raises, we re-re-raise.

Ship>4bet call?

Any raise we make is a 3bet.

I agree with Steve tht shoving>3b/call in this spot, as we want to maximise f/e.  With 12 left in the main, we shud only be called very narrow here.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »

I agree with Steve tht shoving>3b/call in this spot, as we want to maximise f/e.  With 12 left in the main, we shud only be called very narrow here.

If we 4bet small then does it not give him the chance to go mental with some of his hands that he think has has lots of equity with that we might be crushing?

If we ship, we just get insta called by sets, and nut flush draws with pairs that have us in not great shape. (albeit not terrible shape).

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »

No... Button bet = 1bet.  SB raise = 2bet. We re-raise = 3bet.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »

If we 4bet small then does it not give him the chance to go mental with some of his hands that he think has has lots of equity with that we might be crushing?

If we ship, we just get insta called by sets, and nut flush draws with pairs that have us in not great shape. (albeit not terrible shape).

There isn"t much that we are crushing though - only smaller kings, and lower flush draws.....

We don"t mind getting called by the nut flush draw as we are a decent favourite with top pair and two of his flush outs.

By shoving, we fold out some better hands, and avoid having to make a tricky (bad) call if the other guy shoves over our 3b.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 13:03:55 PM by AMRN »

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 12:59:54 PM »
It"s just a cooler. The hand pretty much plays itself but squeeze pre is also an option. Personally think donking and/or folding would be bad generally
Looking forward to making my first day 2