Author Topic: This tested me a little...  (Read 6658 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: This tested me a little...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 09:05:32 AM »

tanking 10 mins is pretty poor IMO. Can"t believe the clock wasn"t called

To be fair Rob - my disbelief is aimed more at the 10 minutes. I think it may have felt that long, but was, in likelihood, much shorter.

My biggest hate of live poker, when someone takes longer than a few minutes in a tourny.

I don"t mind in a tourney where there are life-changing sums of money to be won and a genuine decision but I"m pretty sure that most tank folds are obvious and tank calls are often more so.

DTD ran a tournament recently (low buy in, short clock) where every decision was to be made in 15seconds. Every player got two "timebank" chips to given them an extra minute when played, but they only had the two.
Needs dealers with authority but would stop people tank-folding J4off.

Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: This tested me a little...
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 20:07:40 PM »
 Most live mtts that i play are small buyins.  You always get people who think they are in an EPT, and tank every decision.  Sometimes you are in tough spots of course, but i hate it when someone has been caught bluffing and they themselves know they cant win the hand, the whole table knows they are folding but they must feel really embarassed that they have been caught and they try to make it look painful to fold, and it takes them several minutes to do so.

Gone off track a bit. But regarding the op. Its a call, and i assume you mean you called and he mucked and you won the hand. If so why did u "badger" to say what he had. If he lost the hand you should be happy and get it Quietly.