Author Topic: ECOAP Online Series  (Read 62961 times)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: ECOAP Online Series
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2012, 21:22:33 PM »
Make it no limit  :-*
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2012, 21:43:48 PM »

Delighted that there is Stud. Really happy about it. Please do it again and every time.

But please put on a proper tournament with a proper structure next time.

I was really looking forward to it, and we get given that.

What would you change with the structure John ?

Longer levels, more levels.  I"m no expert on stud, so bow to others knowledge on this.

I"ve calmed down now. And I"ve changed my reply, due to Matt's comment. I had assumed that it had been set like that deliberately, cos it was so different to how a Stud tournament normally runs. If that was not the case, why change it so radically from the usual structure?

The biggest difference was that bring-in was 50% of completion. Normally it is 30%. This made a huge difference. Normally a player with a high card showing can take a pot down by completing as the bringer-in has to call 70, with 30 already in. When it is 50 to call, with 50 already in, they are priced in to call. I can"t say for certain that this was a unique innovation, but I have never seen it before.

On subsequent streets, the fixed-limit bets were huge compared to the stacks. From quite early on, getting seriously involved in a pot meant committing your life. There was no room to play through the streets. Raise-folding meant serious damage to your stack, cos the stacks were so shallow.

I see the players still in have more reasonable stacks at this stage, so they may think differently about the tournament but I found it a horrible tournament to play.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2012, 22:00:45 PM »
Looking like a much earlier finish than the other tourneys so far. Don"t normally play Stud so can"t say what"s the norm.

Had a big stack but got involved in just a couple of hands late on and as the blinds were so huge once you got involved it was extremely costly. Those with short stacks had little choice but to commit totally once they"d called one bet.

Only other Stud tourney i"ve played was in Newcastle and don"t recall the blinds being that big so early on but as I say I don"t know the norm.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2012, 22:02:58 PM »
Has been a bit crapshooty to be fair (hence my Final Table)

A look at stars WCOOP stud structure would be a decent place to start with improving the structure.

Enjoying the tourney (just keep getting there!!)
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2012, 22:03:44 PM »

I"ve calmed down now. And I"ve changed my reply, due to Matt's comment. I had assumed that it had been set like that deliberately, cos it was so different to how a Stud tournament normally runs. If that was not the case, why change it so radically from the usual structure?

The biggest difference was that bring-in was 50% of completion. Normally it is 30%. This made a huge difference. Normally a player with a high card showing can take a pot down by completing as the bringer-in has to call 70, with 30 already in. When it is 50 to call, with 50 already in, they are priced in to call. I can"t say for certain that this was a unique innovation, but I have never seen it before.

On subsequent streets, the fixed-limit bets were huge compared to the stacks. From quite early on, getting seriously involved in a pot meant committing your life. There was no room to play through the streets. Raise-folding meant serious damage to your stack, cos the stacks were so shallow.

I see the players still in have more reasonable stacks at this stage, so they may think differently about the tournament but I found it a horrible tournament to play.

+1, but although it"s not the usual structure online, I have played live 7CS with half minimum bet as the bring in (but only in the early levels) due to chip denominations.

BOSS related I know but in addition, at the 50/100 level guy completes 50 (1 bet), i raise to 100 (2 bet), he reraises to 150 (3 bet) but I"m then only offered a call. I should be able to 4 bet (cap) at 200. Fundamental.

The hand history sucks. It sorts the cards on showdown and it"s tough to work out what villains hole cards were vs their river card, and so I couldn"t easily work out peoples starting requirements.

England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2012, 22:28:54 PM »
I didn"t create a custom blind structure for this. Rather, I used a standard Boss structure - so this is actually how all their Stud tourneys run.

Will take a look at Stars structures though to see how they run similar tourneys.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2012, 22:46:56 PM »
I could have been more diplomatic and still got the point across. Sorry about that.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2012, 22:54:36 PM »
Agree with Andy D regarding the hand history. Often wanted to see what people were playing like and if they were drawing light or already got a hand but impossible to tell once it sorts the cards. Guess that"s just another boss thing though.

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2012, 23:10:56 PM »

I could have been more diplomatic and still got the point across. Sorry about that.

No probs. at all. Feedback like that is good for sure.

All we really want to do is create the best possible tourneys/structures for you guys. So, if something is **** in your view, let us have it!

It"ll make us make sure the next one is better! :)
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

ck1888

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2012, 23:43:31 PM »
Quote from: MintTrav link=topi
c=11912.msg190778#msg190778 date=1348091216

Wonder if someone pm you......
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2012, 00:01:51 AM »

Quote from: MintTrav link=topi
c=11912.msg190778#msg190778 date=1348091216

Wonder if someone pm you......

No

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »
Also lol, I didn"t type **** in my post above, I typed **** but it got censored ;)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »

Also lol, I didn"t type **** in my post above, I typed **** but it got censored ;)

try fecked next time - that doesn"t get censored :)

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »
Ok as much as it pains me let me be the first to congratulate, (here goes). "Ian cardrack luckbox clip board Matthews" on his win in the ECOAP Stud event last night  ;D, after a thrilling Heads up match with Rob (swinebag) think it lasted more than two hands lol.. Oh and lets not forget JP who came third and all the other cashes..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2012, 20:14:42 PM »